Band of Brothers in HD starting Monday, 4/8

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Tannehill, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Wow, this almost slipped under the radar. HBO is showing BAND OF BROTHERS again, starting tomorrow. This show singlehandedly made my HDTV purchase worthwhile. The attack on Normandy, and later the seige of Bastogne, rank right up there with SAVING PRIVATE RYAN in their visual and aural intensity.

The DVD will be a welcome addition to my collection, but one more chance to see it in high def will be hard to pass up!

It looks like the series will air in HD only on Mondays, at 8:00pm central time. The first show is two hours, the rest this month are one.

Enjoy!

- Steve

2. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

HBO has been advertising this pretty heavily between shows on Sunday nights (when I watch their superb lineup), though I'd imagine they are advertising it every other day too [​IMG] . It's going to be on regular HBO as well.
    Brian

3. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

what is good is 5.1 and widescreen.

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill

5. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Sweet! I almost forgot.

6. Miles

Miles Second Unit

For Canucks with TMN I believe this starts on Monday night... I'm getting excited as the first time I saw the series was on a 27" w/ 2-channel audio... this time it's 1080i on a 100" 4:3 screen w/ 5.1 :)

Later,

Miles

7. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

w0w, this show gets better the second time around. _THIS_ series is why I wish we had HD-DVDs. The lighting and visual effects they use in this show are incredible. Everything seems to have a certain color filter used on it so it the colors are smooth and Earth-toned. I don't know how to describe it other than that its friggin awesome.

Then there's the 5.1 DD gunfire and explosions. I had my couch turned all the way up and I felt like I was on that plane with them, getting ready to jump myself :p

Any idea when they'll release this box set?

8. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

I've watched this series 4 times off my DirecTivo. Last night was the first time I've seen it in 1080i HDTV on my 133" screen. Amazing... Really makes the story that much more 'lifelike'...