What's new

BAND OF BROTHERS for $54.67!! (1 Viewer)

Brent_H

Second Unit
you need to order it through the amazon.CA webstie.....this is the cheapest price I have seen BoB for. Considers this: its $89.99 on the US Amazon.... :)
Use this promotion code:
CANADASMAG5T
Hope it works!!!!

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Nice find Brent, the coupon gave me 10CAN off, shipping is only a mere 5.48CAN and I finally got to use my amazon.com visa which will get me a $20 amazon GC:) !
bodym:cool:v'n

Brent_H

Second Unit
it appears to be the exact same release as the US one.....who knows? I am saving over $30. I dont care :)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
and I finally got to use my amazon.com visa which will get me a $20 amazon GC
I don't think it will Mike. You should check the fine print on that Amazon.com VISA card. I know it says you can't use the GC at Amazon.ca or other foreign Amazon sites, so it is likely that a purchase there also doesn't qualify you to get the GC.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for your concerns Glenn, however rest assured that I have spoken to my amazon visa CSR and was told that I would be getting my $20 GC from this order.
bodym:cool:v'n

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
That is a FANTASTIC deal!

I'm in the US and I've never ordered from Amazon.ca. I assume that this works just like using your credit card when in Canada - you're charged Canadian and then the credit card company takes care of the exchange rate.

Has anyone in the US ever had any problems doing this? If not, I'm going to take advantage of this!

TIA,

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Thank you for your concerns Glenn, however rest assured that I have spoken to my amazon visa CSR and was told that I would be getting my $20 GC from this order.
:emoji_thumbsup: That's great. I also just got the Amazon card and need to make a purchase at Amazon with it before Nov. 15 to get the GC.
I recently ordered from Amazon.ca to get THE ALEC GUINNESS COLLECTION and SMALLVILLE (the pilot) and it went fine. The credit card does the conversion to charge you in US dollars. Great prices.

Len Simons

Agent
They also have Back To The Future for $43.39 (CDN), which is about $28.50 US, and Beauty & The Beast for $20.79 (CDN), which comes to about $13.72 US.

This might be a good place to start shopping.

Brian E

Screenwriter
I am saving over $30. I dont care
I guess I don't care that much although some of the bilingual packaging I've seen is very unattractive.

I do wonder if anything else is different on this release. Does it include the same audio tracks, etc.

Brent_H

Second Unit
hmm i might have to do my shopping here too....I hope there is no conversion rate charge......ouch. :)

Rodon

Second Unit
I ordered as well. Not sure of conversion sharges but order with standard exchange rate for me is $54.44. Sounds great to me.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Where are you guys doing your conversion? I ran their price through http://www.xe.net/ucc and got $57.37
I'm not saying that's bad or anything, just wondering where you're running yours through.

Jim-M

Second Unit
Where are you guys doing your conversion? I ran their price through http://www.xe.net/ucc and got $57.37
I think you didn't factor in the CDN$10 off coupon. If you add in the shipping and then take off the CDN$10 it comes out to about $54.42. A week or two ago it was about $53.50 but it looks like the exchange rate has gotten a little worse. Still a great deal. Many/most credit cards will add another 2-3% since it's an international purchase.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Wow, excellent deal! I bumped the shipping up to the 4-7 day international delivery and it still only cost me $57. I also called my bank to see if there's a currency conversion fee, and they said there is none. Great find!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks