What's new

Band of Brothers DVD set - Any news? (1 Viewer)

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
Hi all,

I saw that Tom Hanks made a comment to the press after the Golden Globes stating that Band of Brothers would be coming out on DVD soon. I'm a huge fan of the series and absolutely cannot wait to own those DVDs! So I was just wondering if anybody here had heard any news/rumours about the set with more specific release information. Thanks in advance to those who reply!

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Paul, I'm also eagerly awaiting a Dvd release on this one, any know of any more specifics besides what Hanks stated ?
bodymov'n :cool:

Mario Bartel

Stunt Coordinator
Having finally hooked up a high def satellite receiver just in time for this series, I'd be afraid the dvd just wouldn't measure up to that experience.

That being said, watching BOB may have been the best time I have ever spent watching tv. The writing and acting were excellent, the stories were moving, the production values, soundtrack and sound design were worthy of the biggest, most lavish Hollywood blockbuster. Heck, even the most harrowing firefight in Black Hawk Down couldn't match the bombardment Easy Company endured in the woods outside of Foy!

Yeah, I'll be getting the dvd...

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Yes, I'm sure this series will be widescreen and have Dolby Digital 5.1 at least. A great DTS track ala Saving Private Ryan would be a huge bonus though. I've been watching through this series lately with some friends, and I must say it's absolutely incredible. Easily the best thing I've seen on television, and maybe even better than SPR. Anyways, I hope they can fit the series on four discs, but at the most it'll be five (running time approximately 10 hrs).

-Tom

Butch C

Second Unit
I was absolutly moved by this series and cannot wait for the DVD

BTW how did it do at the Globes?

Gruson

Second Unit
I would like HBO to air every episode again.
This was some of the best looking 1080i I have ever seen.
The 5.1 sound was also amazing.
Forget the DVDs! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks