Band of Brothers - Cover/Box Art Errors?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Huffstutler, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    I just received my copy of the 6-disc set Band of Brothers. The person in which I purchased it from said the limited edition tins were sold out and what I got was in a flimsy cardboard sleeve.

I noticed that on that sleeve there is a typo stating "Best Mini-Series of Movie...." and the word Television is missing the last letter!

Next, each one of the spines have the number it is (Disc 1, Disc 2, etc...) but they are upside-down!

Another feature, I must have overlooked, is that there is a sticker on mine stating that it is in SuperBit and DTS (DTS also on each disc).

Does anyone else have these errors? What gives? When a set retails for $100+ you would think they would pay attention to QC.

2. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Hmmmm, sounds like a bootleg. That would explain the obvious typos. Also Superbit is a trademark feature of Sony/Columbia/Tri Star (which is distinct from HBO films).

You might want to try to get your money back if you can.

3. Seth T

Seth T Stunt Coordinator

I agree. It sounds like an import or a bootleg to me. There are a lot of those type of listings on eBay. I recommend for large ticket purchases like that to stick with someone reputeable like Amazon.com or BestBuy.com or ANY national retailer.

Amazon Has free shipping right now too...

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

definitely sounds like a bootleg. best of luck...

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Yep, bootleg. I find it funny that bootleggers have really latched onto "superbit" as something to put on every bootleg dvd. I never found it to sound all that hi-tech-- but I guess bootleggers love it!

-vince

6. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler
    This was a purchase from Half.com and fear that you are correct. After looking at the box closer it is riddled with typo or typeset errors.

I have contacted the buyer and by Half.com's rules he has 48 hours to reply. If not, they send him a reminder and give him another 48 hours to reply. After the second attempt they refund my money including shipping.

Since I mentioned the "illegal" aspect I doubt he will answer so most likely get my money back.

I also see now that there are several complaints against him on feedback and he has made it "private" so you can't read them! Also, no return address on the shipping label.

Now... what to do with this copy as I don't want to be caught with it in hand? Should I notify Warner/HBO?

7. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

BURN IT!!! [​IMG]

8. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

I don't think the Tins are limited. I could be wrong.

9. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

It seems that half.com has become a great environment for bootleggers and theives. It seems amazon has no intention of changing that either.

-Vince

10. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Ebay owns Half, and same thing there

Yes, it's a bootlegger's paradise

11. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    If you want a good price on a totally legit copy of BoB (tin & all), try Amazon.ca. It's currently a bit over $100 CA, which translates into under $70 US. Great service from a trusted vendor (if you already have an Amazon.com account, it also works on Amazon.ca).

12. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler
    Have contacted the seller (which I doubt I will hear back from), have contacted Half.Com to let them know what is being sold, and for what it is worth, contacted HBO's legal department and that person is going to buy a copy to see what this seller is offering! Can't say I didn't do my duty to protect the industry! Now to get my money back [​IMG]