Band of Brothers available for Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

2. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the news!
    I can't wait for this release. BOB and From the Earth to the Moon are both excellent Mini Series.

3. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Great news.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Actually, check here for a list of 4 different links to pre-order from, one in Canada.
    The best USA bet seems to be DVDPlanet, for $83.99!!

5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Cool..It looks like DVDPlanet is listing Dolby Digital and DTS. Cool. [​IMG]

6. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Nice tin. Is this set supposed to have any additional material or is it just the individual episodes? Probably too much to ask for a running commentary track by Ambrose, huh?

7. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

I'll wait for COSTCO, they always have these cheaper than you can get from pre-orders anywhere...did it with Star Trek Next Gen boxed set, Godfather boxed set, MASH season one, etc. I've given up on pre-orders, I just throw it into the cart with my toilet paper and laundry detergent

8. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Great looking tin (and set!)! Thank you HBO!

Features:

DVD ROM Features: Weblinks to the orignal Band of Brothers website and more!

Documentary: "We Stand Alone Together: The Men of Easy Company" - 80 minute documentary featuring interviews with the real men of Easy Company

Featurette: 30-minute "The Making of Band of Brothers"

The Premiere On The Beaches of Normandy - includes interviews with Easy Company vetrans and heads of state for the United States, Great Britian, France and Canada.

Interviews: Ron Livingston's Video Diaries - The experience of making "Band of Brothers" through the eyes of one actor.

Other: Interactive "Field Guide": An extensive reference feature that details the people, places and events associated with Easy Company's campaigns through Europe, and World War II as a whole, including sections such as: soldiers, timelines, maps, chain-of-command and glossary of terms.

Photo gallery

9. Andrea W

Andrea W Supporting Actor

The best deal I've found so far is CDNow for $83.99. Use this link to get 15-19% off. The coupon only works once per account. It takes 19% off preorders and 15% off stuff that's already out. (That's the way it worked at the end of July. I'm not sure if they have fixed it to take 15% off everything.) Anyway, I pre-ordered Band of Brothers for $67.79. [​IMG]

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

11. Andrea W

Andrea W Supporting Actor

Wow, that's a great price at Costco. If I didn't have to pay tax, I would almost cancel my CDNow preorder and get it there. With tax and shipping, CDNow is still cheaper, though.