What's new

Band Of Brothers at BB (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well as the person that started this thread I Thought I'd post an update. I Received email today from BB That they cancelled my Order for Band Of Brothers because my bank would not issue authorization. Some background on this. I , Like others here, got tagged with BB policy of freezing the funds after I placed the Order. At that time they did this and the authorization went thru. The funds were eventually released. Now this account is one I pay my bills with so I only place funds into as I am paid Monthly (Yeah that sucks) What was best buy doing trying to hit this acount again for an authorization when they did this already once ? What's their plans freeze the funds every month till te thing ships in November? I think this stinks. Best buy has good enough deals that I won't swear them off totally. But I won't be placing expensive Box set orders with them despite any digital Coupons they may offer. Costco is usually good with the Sopranos so I'll Buy BOB from them.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I pre-ordered BOB as well and had the same problem with my debit card. I wish I had read this thread before I ordered. I never noticed my previous orders affecting my available balance, but I had never ordered anything this expensive at one time before. I needed the funds so I called and cancelled the order and they told me that it would be up to 7 days for my funds to be released. At this point I went on a rant about not buying anything from them ever again ..blah blah blah and asked for his manager. He came back telling me that he couldn't get a manager to talk to me (which is better than putting another operator on pretending to be a manager) and said he would see what he could do. In the end he told me that he could have it removed within 24 hrs. I had the available funds back to normal that evening. Thanks to this thread (& my experience) I will know better next time. I will continue to purchase my DVDs from Best Buy because they have the best prices and if you yell enough the support group actually gets things done. :D

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
I , Like others here, got tagged with BB policy of freezing the funds after I placed the Order.
Best Buy's policy is to ensure your card is legit. YOUR BANK withdrew the funds and will release them within a few days if the transaction does not go through. This is the way the vast majority of financial institutions handle this.
I decided when I read this thread to check my own Terms and Agreements pamphlet that I recieved with my new account. Guess what, it is in there in black-and-white.;) I suppose this is definitely nothing new. Most of you guys just never noticed it before because what you ordered was so inexpensive it didn't phase you.

Mike_P

Agent
You think a $90 hold on your card is bad? Let me tell you what happened to me. It doesn't involve HT, but it does involve a credit card.
About 3 years ago I was out skiing at Lake Tahoe. The "rocket scientist" at the ticket window messed up the charge for a $52.00 lift ticket and put a $5200.00 hold on my credit card! My wife discovered this when she went to buy a refrigerator at Sears and the card was refused. She was highly embarrassed! She was really pissed when she called me an asked what the hell I was doing out there in California!
I took me some time, but I finally tracked down where the hold came from. I went to Heavenly Valley's Customer Service office the next morning to get it straightened out. It took about 2 hours, and they were completely unconcerned about any of the inconvenience they had caused us. All they offered us was $10 off on a lift ticket. Poor customer service is, unfortunately, pretty much the norm these days.
Anyway, your situation made me remember what happened to me.
Mike P.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Back to the Best Buy Digital coupon, when does it ship or how can I claim it? I already preordered BOB from BB too...

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
If I remember correctly the email with the coupon will be sent out in November or was it October? I can't remember the month, but it stated it on the web site with all the other info about it.

Ron Schildt

Agent
Looks like the promo isn't going on any more. Someone stated it was going on until Nov. 3rd, but the link to the $25 digital coupon doesn't work anymore.

Anyone find it for less that $89 anywhere?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm going to wait to see what Costco has this for. They usually have a good price on the opranos set.

WesleyC

Auditioning
Just preordered this today from bestbuy.com. Shows up as $79.99!!! After the $25 digital coupon, this is essentially $55 shipped!

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Yep, mine already shipped from BB.com. I was shocked! And it was the new price too $79.99. If you guys read carefully, one of their policies is that they'll charge you a lower price if there is one on release date (and there always is). So I wasn't worried at all ordering BOB way back. I knew it'd be on sale AND I'd have a $25 digi coupon.

-C

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Anyone get theirs yet? Or their $25 coupon? How long does best buy normally take when you use their free shipping? Mine shipped last thursday and you'd figure even with pony express errr...I mean USPS i would have gotten it in 3-5 days or so.

Edit: Check that, I just got the coupon now! Wahoo.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Sa-weeet! Just got my coupon today.
Ordered Kids and Minority Report for $13.28 shipped. Woo ho!
...additional $5 digital coupon is offered for pre-ordering Minority Report if you guys are interested.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Oh geeze, kids got mentioned.... that movie should be used as a form of birth control. =)
I'm mad at myself for forgetting to place the preorder on Nov 3, I missed out on the $25. Ended up getting BB to PM fry's for $69 with the extra disc at BB, but I would have like the $25!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks