What's new

Banana Plugs (1 Viewer)

Perry_C

Grip
Hello,

I was wondering if someone can suggest some options on good banana plugs to buy locally at a good price?

If it helps, I live in the Portland, OR area.

Thanks,

Perry

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
The bananas at Radio Shack seem to be of good quality, and folks here seem to like them. I think I'm going to pick up some 12 ga. bananas later this month.
I have no idea about higher quality stuff though... I'm sure at least one person will send you to parts express That place seems to show up in at least every 3rd thread in this folder.;)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hello Perry,

First, welcome to the Forum!

Radio Shack has some nice ones for $5-6 each.

If you’re really “on the cheap” they have some for couple of bucks in red or black:

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
I picked some AR Pro series at Lowe's recently on clearence for a little over $7 for a four pack. Noticed them in other stores for about $12

Bill

Jeff Mills

Stunt Coordinator
I have some Cardas banana's that I will sell you. Send me an email if your interested.

Jeff

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
The radio shack gold series set screw type bananas are great. Much better than the monster cable junk that don't fit on the cable right. I highly recommend those. Also the Dayton gold ones from partsexpress are of equal quality but you said local so I recommend the RS gold series.

Perry_C

Grip
jeff lam,

Would you have a part number of the radio shack ones and the parts express ones?

I guess I am looking for a good price for these plugs. Also, I should say that I have 12 ga speaker wire.

Thanks,

Perry

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
NXG makes a great gold dual banana plug. I replaced my RS gold w/ them, and they seem to be as good or better than monster. I paid $1.68 per set at Link Removed
They accept up to 12ga wire, i'm currently using 14ga.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
RS Gold I use these and they work perfect, even for 12ga cable.
PE Dayton I have not used these but they seem to be the same quality(gold plated, set screw, etc.)
They are cheaper but they are mail order, PE also has tons of other banana plugs. Take a look:
More bananas at PE

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
Do an internet search on 'Phoenix Gold'. They are very easy to use and are good quality.

Cheers,
Gareth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks