What's new

Banana Plugs (1 Viewer)

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to buy my banana plugs today for my speaker wire (buying that too)....

my surrounds will be no more than 20 feet from my receiever, so is it okay to just get 12 gauge? The reason I am asking is because a lot of the banana plugs on Radioshacks website are made for 12 gauge wire. If so, which ones do you recommend at their website. I will be picking them up at the store, but still would like to know which kind to get. Why are some a lot more expensive than others?

Thanks.

Dean_S

Second Unit
I use the Dayton Banannas from partsexpress.com. They sell many different types and brands of banannas cheaper then RS and most are a higher quality then what RS offers. You can also get Sound King brand 12 or 10 ga speaker cable and it's very inexpensive. I'm running the Dayton Banannas with the SK 10ga wire. I also buy the Dayton cables for my HT system.

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
Any of your local audio/video stores should carry them. 12 gauge should be plenty on the speaker wire, 14 gauge would be fine as well.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks