What's new

Banana plugs...who needs stinking banana plugs? (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oxygen "free" copper does not mean that exposing it to oxygen will somehow change it's properties, though oxidation may occur over time. The "free" refers to the lower content in the compound, and there are varying grades of oxygen reduced copper.

I have had speaker wires oxidize as well, but it took them a few YEARS. Wire is cheap, don't worry about it; hack an inch off every year or two, and you are all set.

I use bananas very similar to those posted by Chu, in my HT. In my 2ch system I use Audioquest Type 4, which is solid, long grain, oxygen reduced copper - no connectors.

SeanA

Second Unit
NicholasTS,

Do you work for Monster ? If not, I think you have the perfect writing-style to become part of their advertising staff. :D

Check out the AR's. They are half the price and I bet every bit as good or better than the Monsters. They are gold-plated and color coded (red and black) as well.

I was going to post a link to the AR accessory page so you could see these plugs, but it is "temporarily" down for maintenance. Here is the main page anyway, just in case it comes back up soon. Just look for the model PR407 plugs.

http://www.araccessories.com/

NicholasTS

Stunt Coordinator
you like that one? haha I was merely trying to state that having connectors is more of a personal thing; piece of mind if you will. They aren't the things that make the world go'round but hey they're pretty darn cool to have for the ride.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
How the heck do I attach the speaker wires to those AR banana plugs? Insert and twist? Not working! Cut the boot and do ... something? Aaaaaaaargh! I feel not smart. HELP!:frowning:

Edit: Okay, figured it out (slide back the boot, blah blah blah) -- good grief. Anyway, the Infinity Alpha 50s are up and running -- sweet sound.

Vital

Grip
I and many other people from the Klipsch forum use this guy on Ebay. These are high quality banana plugs and you simply cannot beat the price or customer service.

//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32838&item=3070017513

Edit: Add http: in front to get the link~

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I used to by the AR 407's from Accessories4less.com however they stopped carrying them sometime ago. Lowe's carried those for a while too. They are real handy in my opinion, plus Radio Shack and some others sell the exact same plug under a different brand, and the threads are compatible. I have pins and spades that use the same base, so I can swap connectors and cables real easy when needed. AC4L sold them cheap, so I'm really disappointed they no longer have them. I think it was about $7 for 2 pair the last time I bought from them. I knew I should have stocked up.

Does anybody know AR's URL? I can't get Sean's to work, nor can I find them at google.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Richard, how are those Dayton's? Are they side entry or rear? It seems like if they are side entry then putting them in the back of a receiver would be a pain. How's your experience with them been so far?

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Vital: thanks for the link to the eBay item - I'll probably end up buying the 28 pack he is selling for my 6.1 setup, since the 10 pack is only good enough for a 5.1 setup

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks