Auditioning
Real Name
Ray

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I've gotten my binding post jacks from Home Depot - they have speaker wire connections on both sides. They are part of the Leviton "QuickPort" line of products and they are fantastic. I'm pretty certain all HDs carry these.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Banana plugs provide a simple means to plug directly into the hole at the top of binding posts.

All binding posts unscrew to reveal a hole through the side of the threaded screw. You can always insert bare wire into these holes and tighten the binding post down to provide a secure connection.

I would definitely suggest going this route on the back side of the terminal, since you're not likely to ever disconnect/reconnect that side.

Really, banana plugs are a convenience feature. They don't offer any performance improvement over bare wire - they're just easier to connect/disconnect (particularly on the back panel of an A/V Reciever).

Edit: Personally, I prefer the binding post connectors because they offer the option of using bare wire or banana plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks