What's new

Banana Plug Splitter (1 Viewer)

DavidLC

Agent
I want to make a set of Bi-wire speaker cables. I am looking for a gold plated male banana plug with two female plug-ins (on the back), or a Y adaptor similar to those commonly found with RCA jacks (but for banana plugs). Does anyone know where I might purchase these?

Shane G

Agent
David
I've never seen a banana plug like the one your refering to. However, I made my own bi-wire cables by purchasing the banana plugs that have 2 set screws, and inserting both wires into the back of the plug, thereby sharing the same plug on the reciever/amp side.
You might be able to do the same, unless you have already purchased pre-made speaker cables.
Hope this helps.

DavidLC

Agent
Thanks good idea !! I wanted to use 12 gage wire which makes the combined wires too thick to get into the back of the plug. Guess I will use your method and drop down to 14 gage if I cant find what I am looking for.
Thanks for the reply

Shane G

Agent
It might take a bit of looking, but any decent stereo shop should have what your looking for.
I combined 10 and 12 guage into my plugs with no problem.
I would give you a brand name, but I'm away from home right now, and can't remember(I'm using about 3 types, but I think the best brand was the Ultralink). The key thing to look for is the plugs with the set screws, they really lock the wire in well.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
You might check out WBT connectors.

www.WBTUSA.com

Their a little pricey but some of the best out their.
If your looking to go cheaply on connectors, WBT is not the way to go.

WBT-They make a wide assorment of bananas, piggy back, stackable angled. They have a midline~line also.

Parts Express also has some of the side screw type bananas though you would have to call on their gauge capabilitys. PE also dose carry some of WBT's more popular connectors.

Regards
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks