What's new

Banana Plug seating with Terminal Posts (1 Viewer)

I recently purchased four AudioQuest CF-G BFA banana plugs to use at the Denon 2805 receiver end of my AQ Bedrock cables on my front bi-wired speakers. There are 2 set screws on each plug that seem to do a good job on securing the cable conductors. However, when I push the plugs into the terminal posts, they do not go all the way in and there is about an 1/8" gap between the end of the post and the barrel of the banana plug. Should I be concerned about this uninsulated 1/8" gap? Should I wrap them together with electrical tape or some other material?

Thanks for your help...Jack

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’ve never heard of this before, so I took a look at my speakers and I have the same thing. Basically, it’s nothing to be concerned about, Jack. I expect it’s a common situation. Someone would have to deliberately place something across the two exposed terminals to cause a short. Virtually no chance of that.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Thanks Wayne...that's what the sales guy told me when I called him back about the gap. Just needed some confimations from the experts!!

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks