1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

banana plug recommendation

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josh.L, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Josh.L

Josh.L Agent

has anybody bought the compression style banana plugs from partsexpress part # 091-330? I really don't want to spend any more than what these cost, but obviously want a quality connection. I know alot of you have the daytons, but they are kind of expensive for me.
    I wanted to get something at partsexpress because I also want to order a 100' spool of the the 12ga soundking wire.

I also want to get some dual banana plugs, part # 091-334. Any experience with these?

thanks,
    josh

2. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Josh,
    I have a freshly opened roll of 12 ga Sound King wire
    that I only cut one small run off of, do you need a full 100' OR will a lil less do you? I suspect apx 75-82' left on this roll, will take $30 delivered to your addy.

PLMK

NOTE-This wire IS heavy, est shipping to cost me $5-8.

3. Ted Drain

Ted Drain Agent

I've been using the single plugs (part #091-330) for a while now and just got a set of the dual plugs (part #091-334). I'm using the duals on the speakers and the singles on the receiver.

They work fine. I haven't had any problems and didn't notice any audible change going from bare wire to the bananas.

Ted

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

That is a good price for those dual plugs.

But...not all receivers or speakers have the same spacing between the posts. I suggest you go to Radio Shack and buy one set of their dual banana plugs (xxx-308) and bring it home to test. (I think the RS and parts express plugs have the same spacing). Make sure it will fit your equipment.

While I love the dual plugs for behind my speakers, they add another 3" to the back of my receiver. This is too big for my cabinent. (you should check yours as well).

So for behind the receiver, I like the single plugs that dont stick out as far. I bought the Radio Shack 2-piece units (xxx-306) but parts express 091-330 Dayton plugs might be a good choice for you.

Good Luck.