Banana plug help, this time with pictures

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allen Longcor, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

The pictures are pretty crappy because they are from a cheap webcam, but I think you can get the idea.

Ok I bought some gold banana plugs for my setup. The problem is they don't show you how to use them properly. Here is a picture of the main part of the plug:

It's hard to tell but this is the bottom part the screws into the main part:

And finally here is the small little pellet part that is in the inside of the plug:

Now do I put the speaker wire in the main part and pull part of it through one of the holes, then put that pellet back in there, and screw the bottom back on? If anyone has a similar product to this one could you please give me some help.

2. Allen Longcor

still need help

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Radio Shack has something similar ...it's a $6 pair of solderless bananas. They screw apart, you put the wire thru the bottom piece, fold the copper strands over the hole, and screw the top piece back on. It's one tight connection!

4. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

Is there a hole in the side? I think I see one, but the pics are blurred. Those kind of resemble the IXOS connectors found here http://www.accessories4less.com/advs...4&sPrice=13.99
    Unscrew the end cap a little, insert wire with roughly 1/4" or so of stripped bare wire into hole (on side, not bottom) and screw down.
    I could be wrong.... [​IMG]

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne

6. Allen Longcor

Thanks for the help. Worse come to worse I'll just try it and see how it works out. I can always try different ways if it doesn't seem to "work" right, or I can just use bare wire hehehe.