What's new

Banana plug help please, very urgent (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I guess I really am a noob because I can't seem to figure out how in the heck to connect my speaker wire to these damn banana plugs. I have sound king 12 gauge speaker wire. I have these banana plugs: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...=2476&CATID=39
Well I don't know what that side entry stuff is. The bottom screws off and there is a slug in there. I have tried putting the wire through the bottome and then putting the slug in and screwing it on, but I will have to mash extra wire in there because it is pretty darn hard/impossible to pull that stuff through the holes at the top. Any recommedations would greately be appreciated.

MarkO

Second Unit
I guess the easiest way to describe how they work would be to first take the connector apart. (1) put wire through hole in the side of connector. (2) put slug in the top of connector. (3) screw on top of connector and tighten. The wire does not go through the top hole at all.

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
There are 2 ways to use these banana plugs.
1, you hold the plug and screw the screw out of the back loose enough that the "plug" or slug slides back behind the hole, next to the screw part. You cut enough of the cover off, so that the wire goes through the hole just slightly out the other side. you then screw the end of it shut, which wedges the "plug" up against the wire and the front part of the connector. This achieves a 90 degree connection of the wire to the connector.
The other way is a little trickier.
2. Remove the screw completely, but leave the plug in the hole. Strip more cover off the wire than the first option. Specifically, just enough so that the wire goes completely through the screw end's hole. After you push the wires through, you will fold them over the edge of the screw, but they cannot contact the threads much, or it won't screw in. Screw it back in VERY tightly, to hold the wire wedged between the screw, and the plug that moves forward as you screw against it. Remember, very tight.
hope this helps, :)
Lex
CAT Cables

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Ok I was trying to do it so that the wire went throught the bottom so that it looked like every other cable ie component etc... So basically I am a big noob and was trying to do it the hard way. All I do is just put it in the holes at the top, put in the slug, and screw bottom on. Ok wow thx for the help guys you saved me so much heartache eheheh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks