I just recently bought some Monster Cable "Monster Tip" banana connectors for my speakers. The instructions say to expose 5/8" of copper wiring prior to putting the base of the connector on. It seems to me that after snugly pushing the base down onto the speaker wire covering, there is quite a bit of copper wiring sticking out of the top of the base piece. Screwing the top of the connector on to the base results in lots of mashing of the copper wire. Exactly how much copper wiring should be exposed above the base of the connector to then be smashed down by the top piece? Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way? Somehow it does not make sense that Monster Cable recommends in the directions to twist the wiring to a point when it just gets mashed down and potentially spread apart in the end anyway? Thanks.