What's new

banana clips (1 Viewer)

MartyF

Auditioning
Hello everyone,
I just bought Monster post banana clips for the back of my receiver to make connections easier and to improve sound quality. For my speakers, I would need the "flexi" posts if I wanted to use them to connect to my speakers. I forget what they are called, but it is the tightly bound group of thin wires, or at least that is what it looks like. Will these improve sound quality, because connecting with just the bare wires was very easy and obviously a lot cheaper. I guess what I"m asking is what are the advantages of banana plugs besides making it easier to connect speakers to the back of the receiver?
Thanks, Marty

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There is little or no difference between the connector types. Bare wire is fine, as long as you can control the strands. If you can solder, a dot of solder on the end of the wire will keep strays from occurring.

I use bananas.

I have always used plain old wire. I recently helped a friend with his system where he was using banana plugs, whenever I upgrade, that is what I am going to use. It was a heckuva lot easier.

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
Plain old wire with a dab of solder has always worked well for me. And much cheaper, too.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
Banana plugs just make it easy to plug and unplug wires. They do not improve sound quality.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
I guess what I"m asking is what are the advantages of banana plugs besides making it easier to connect speakers to the back of the receiver?
that's about it. :) but it does also help prevent any stray wires from touching the other terminal.

if money is a concern, return the monsters and go to rat-shack. they have some similar ones at about half the cost.

i'm not a big fan of tinning the ends of the wires. imo, it leaves too much exposed wiring that could oxidize. i don't know if there is any truth or not...but i feel it certainly can't hurt to have the wires "covered up" by the plug. i just have a thing against exposed wiring i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks