banana clips

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by MartyF, Sep 17, 2003.

1. MartyF

MartyF Auditioning

Hello everyone,
    I just bought Monster post banana clips for the back of my receiver to make connections easier and to improve sound quality. For my speakers, I would need the "flexi" posts if I wanted to use them to connect to my speakers. I forget what they are called, but it is the tightly bound group of thin wires, or at least that is what it looks like. Will these improve sound quality, because connecting with just the bare wires was very easy and obviously a lot cheaper. I guess what I"m asking is what are the advantages of banana plugs besides making it easier to connect speakers to the back of the receiver?
    Thanks, Marty

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    There is little or no difference between the connector types. Bare wire is fine, as long as you can control the strands. If you can solder, a dot of solder on the end of the wire will keep strays from occurring.

I use bananas.

3. Scott McVicker

I have always used plain old wire. I recently helped a friend with his system where he was using banana plugs, whenever I upgrade, that is what I am going to use. It was a heckuva lot easier.

4. BenSC

BenSC Stunt Coordinator

Plain old wire with a dab of solder has always worked well for me. And much cheaper, too.

5. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

Banana plugs just make it easy to plug and unplug wires. They do not improve sound quality.

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor