What's new

Bambi Reviews... (1 Viewer)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
ernest, i'd like to read your review.

I've been waiting for the Bambi:PE since the PE line was first announced. I won't get the disc until Monday night, but that's fine. HTF's David Boulet is an excellent critic for Disney titles, though, and he's a much better DVD critic than I am, so you should be looking forward to his take. Should be up anytime now.

I'm more of a nuts-and-bolts, history wonk kind of guy.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
It is happening, as IGNDVD's review pointed out, Bambi II: Prince of the Forest is coming out direct to video in 2006.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
HUNTERS ARE THE DISEASE...BAMBI IS THE CURE

BAMBI II: Twitterpate THIS!

This Summer...Man is No Longer In the Forest

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Bambi II isn't really a sequel in the proper sense - it's supposed to be about Bambi and his dad during the period he went from youngster to adult. In that sense, it'll be like Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas in that it takes place DURING the period covered by the first movie.

Now you can go back to your regularly scheduled gags... :D

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Okay, I'll get this back on track then.

To soften his previous stern image so he appeals more to the kiddies, in Bambi II the dad will be voiced by Bill Cosby. The buck will wear loud multi-colored sweaters, doling out sage fatherly advice to Bambi in a humorous way.

Look for a promotional tie-in with Jell-O pudding pops.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
BILL COSBY
Bambi, what...are...you...doing?

BAMBI
Eatin'.

BILL COSBY
And Bambi, what...are...you...eating?

BAMBI
Snow.

BILL COSBY
And Bambi, what kind...of snow...are you eating?

BAMBI
Yellow snow.

BILL COSBY
(rolls eyes and mugs)

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
As long as they were fixing boo-boos, what about when Bambi turns his head upside-down to view the opossom family but the POV shot has them oriented incorrectly?

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Strong work, Mark. :emoji_thumbsup: And good call on the influence of Fantasia on Bambi. You're very correct. There are a few obvious instances where the animators were working to pre-recorded music, such as Bambi's first walk in the thicket, the March of the Stags, and the stampede in the meadow when Man first appears. Dumbo also featured moments where the music was recorded first, and the animation was created to fit the music (see the sequence where Mrs. Jumbo bathes Dumbo, the whole sequence was composed musically and then the animation was created to fit the music).

I like the little featurette on the DVD where they talk about the small gaps of silence. "Man....was in the forest." "Your mother can't be with you anymore."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks