What's new

Bambi Reviews... (1 Viewer)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I've only seen two so far, one in a foreign language, the other in the UK.

Anyone know of any Bambi: Platinum Edition reviews on-line?

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Just found one from DVDFile...

When Bambi's mom gets killed - and I don't believe you if you say you didn't know her exact mortal status - and our eponymous fawn is forced to seek revenge against the evils that have been done against him, he learns the cyclic and essential social imperative of society, be it man-made or wilderness. He is called by nature itself to avenge his mother's passing, but there is no solace to Bambi's future - his plight is simply the same Sisyphusian boulder we all must push in order to go through the motions of our respective lives.
-- http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi.../bambi_pe.html

Revenge? Where in the film is it mentioned or implied that Bambi is driven by revenge, thinks about revenge, etc.?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Never. The writer tries WAY TOO HARD to interpret the film and just sounds like a freshman English major with a desire to impress...

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
The writer tries WAY TOO HARD to interpret the film and just sounds like a freshman English major with a desire to impress...

LOL - I was thinking the exact same thing...it reads funnier if you imagine it with the voice of Will Ferrell doing his James Lipton (Inside the Actor's Studio) impersonation.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This is almost as bad as the one DVD reviewer who thought DeNiro and Pacino played the same character in Godfather II.

Patrick McCart

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Just to chime in... I stopped reading reviews on DVD websites that make it their business to politicize movies for their own agenda, as well as being consistently anti-mono sound.

In that case, I hope to see reviews on DVD Beaver and The Digital Bits as soon as possible.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Patrick - care to elaborate? (are you referring to the odious turn DVDFile took in the last couple of years?) PM me, if need be.

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
That DVDFile review is one of the strangest things I've ever read in regard to Bambi. Or for that matter, one of the strangest film analyses I've ever come across. Joseph Campbell references? I think that's a bit much.

Has any review conclusively said if the disappearing animal animation error (or the Gene Roddenberry Star Trek transporter effect as our DVDFile friend has chosen to call it) is present on the DVD or if it was digitally corrected?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The raccoon error has been corrected.

If dvdfile.com didn't know what the registration error was about they shouldn't have bothered to mention it. At least the other reviews can site lack of mentioning due to lack of knowledge of this error; dvdfile.com just comes across as smug.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I'm sure that will all be revealed in the poorly-animated, direct-to-video sequel, "Bambi II: The Revenge".

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Has any review conclusively said if the disappearing animal animation error (or the Gene Roddenberry Star Trek transporter effect as our DVDFile friend has chosen to call it) is present on the DVD or if it was digitally corrected?

Robert Harris and our own Brnadon Conway confirmed that this famous registration error has been corrected.

If dvdfile.com didn't know what the registration error was about they shouldn't have bothered to mention it. At least the other reviews can site lack of mentioning due to lack of knowledge of this error; dvdfile.com just comes across as smug.

That was just sad, wasn't it, Brandon? I imagine we're all about to have ourselves a fine debate here in the coming days over the digital fixes to Bambi -- the DVDFile critic gets a tip about one of the most famous boo-boos in the original film, and then he doesn't even take the time to check to see if it is there? And then he reports on it anyway?

Added together with his talk about Bambi's need for vengeance...is it possible the guy didn't watch the second half of the movie at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C2evo22
Recent bookmarks