What's new

Balto 2-On TV today and DVD Tuesday? (1 Viewer)

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
My kids love the original Balto and even though Balto 2 will probably be a weak sequel, I had planned on getting it Tuesday, it's supposed release date. Except I see that it is on Toon Disney this morning. Isn't that strange that they would have it on TV, 2 days before it's "release date"?

AaronJB

Second Unit
I had to review it last week and was suprised that it (Balto 2) was actually very good. Well-written, good voice-acting, good message and solid animation, considering it was a direct-to-video release.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I swear that TV stations must keep up with DVD releases. Shows that I haven't seen aired in years, whenever the DVD is about to come out, I see airing on multiple stations/times.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
But why would Disney want to negatively impact the sales of their own movie? I mean, I would have bought it sight unseen Tuesday, but now we'll watch it today. If it's bad I won't get it and even if it's good I might just download it from my REPLAYTV to a VHS (gasp).

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure you weren't watching Cartoon Network? I was channel surfing last night and when I past by Cartoon Network, the TIVO screen said Balto 2 was on.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
I think he meant Cartoon Network. Balto was on last night and again at 9:00am central time. I also have to agree with Aaron, it wasn't a bad sequel at all. The only thing I'm pretty tired of is the fact that almost every cartoon sequel revolves around them having kids.

I know the studios are targeting kids, but maybe writers should spend a little more time on the story, instead of using the "having a kid(s)" formula.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah it seems anytime a new dvd release comes out the thing is on some station. When willow came out it was on Sci-Fi the weekend before

Capt

Jim Moore

Agent
Actually, showing it on Cartoon Network before the DVD release date may actually help sales. I had no intention of purchasing "Balto II", but my kids watched it and loved it. So now I probably will buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks