What's new

Balloon chase (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
During an interview with the family, Falcon (balloon boy) is asked if he heard his parents calling him. He responds "yes". Then his dad asks why didn't he come out, Falcon replies with what sounds like "You guys said...we did this for a show".

Here is a link to the interview:

Also, at the 44 second mark, it sounds like someone farts. :)

-Keith

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I watched, but I was not in suspense since the balloon seemed to be empty. I kept thinking of the film 12 Monkeys in which Bruce Willis' character recalls hearing a report on the radio of some boys who fell down a water well, and he says how they'll be found hiding in a barn (which they were).

That seemed to be the situation here from the start, though the slim chance that the boy may have been in the balloon felt like a "good death" in that it would be one of the strangest deaths ever (something to talk about in heaven -- "old age? No, I died in an early 21st-century balloon shaped like a flying saucer...").

But it was fun watching the news and wondering how similar news coverage of an actual flying saucer would be. The main difference seemed to be that no national anchors bothered to come in to the studio to take over for the local coverage. But the swift accumulation of amateur video, stills, and the helicopter pursuits were an interesting glimpse into what would happen if aliens decided to take a spin in plain sight.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It appears they won't be sued as much as the father is likely to be prosecuted for perpetrating a hoax. At first I felt as though the story was likely: little boy does something, then hides out afraid of punishment. Sad story, but it happens, and everyone is happy he's OK.
Now it appears as though an adult masterminded it to get attention. Kind of sick.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Doesn't matter. This douche will make the money he was looking for either way (hoax or not). Sad but true in todays society. He's been trying to pimp a new reality show idea to ABC. Now he will get his money through appearances for his stupid book deal or with some new hoax reality show on FOX. I feel bad for the kids. They dont have much of a chance in becoming honest individuals.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Whether it was a hoax or not, I don't think he has any chance of getting the 'reality' show that he was looking for. People were interested in the family when it was a lost child but now that they think it's a hoax, people only want blood. Unfortunately, he is getting the attention that he's clearly desperate for. There's lots of pathetic losers that think celebrity (for lack of a better word) is the most important thing in the world and they do anything to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks