What's new

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, where did this come from? (1 Viewer)

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
I just saw the trailer to this Antonio Banderas/Lucy Liu movie when I went to see XXX and it looks pretty damn cool. Something about asian girls with guns turn me on. :)
Anybody know anything about it? It just seemed to come out of nowhere and it's already coming out next month.

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
I have been following this title for quite some time. The original title was just "Ecks vs Sever" and with an odd title like that, I had to find out more.

Thai director Wych Kaosayananda actually helmed the highest budgeted film in his home country, so we have a foreign director with some experience. The movie actually has had two videogames already released on the Gameboy Advance in a "Doom" first-person style with good results.

The main news story about this film that caught my attention was the one on IMDB.com claiming that Antonio Banderas actually saved Lucy Liu's life by ducking her to the ground to avoid a 50 foot fireball that went off at the wrong moment. Wow.

Now that the trailer has been released, it all looks to be the exact kind of action movie I think I would enjoy. The shots are inventive at many points and the action is well shot. Even the simple poster intrigues me (!?!). Can't wait.

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
Yeah, can't wait to check it out either. Loved that slow motion close-up shot of Liu firing off that "BFG". Hope it turns out good.

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
That was my second favorite shot next to the Special Forces Agent free-falling. Creative use of camera setup and zooming that would impress even Ringo Lam.

Also found out that Terry Chen (Almost Famous, Romeo Must Die) and Ray Park (X-men, Star Wars Ep1.) are also involved, nice casting there as well.

Kaos (the directors shortened nickname) has said that his inspiration comes from a mixture of John Woo, Michael Mann and the better half of Micheal Bay. Funny stuff.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I heard about this film a while ago but then it completely went under the radar and slipped my mind untill pre-xXx trailer. It looks just awesome! I'm sure it'll be one of my top favorite movies of all time just based on some of those shots in the trailer.
With this and Jason Statham & Shu Qi in Luc Besson written The Transporter, I'm gona get my doze of chicks with guns! :D
Here is the site:
http://www2.warnerbros.com/ecks_vs_s...dex_flash.html
to which you're dropped from ecksvssever.com
Oooh, I'm gona have to get that Sever poster to add to great ones from Resident Evil, Killing Time (1998) and Dark Angel

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I've watched the trailer twice now, and the movie looks pretty interesting. Of course, LOTS of trailers look promising...
I read an interesting piece somewhere that says there's almost NO dialogue in the first 40 minutes of the movie! I'll stop back when I locate where I read that.
But yeah, I love action movies when they're done the way I like. (Michael Bay* = good. Rob Cohen = bad.)
*Pearl Harbor nonwithstanding, of course...

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I think simply "Ballistic" would be a much better title. The added "Ecks vs. Sever" might make people think it's courtroom-related.

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Or a boxing match :)
I now have that wallpaper as my own as well. All the icons to the left, all of Lucy Liu's wonderful backside to the right.
Always enjoy seeing studios create an actual website for their movies, instead of just an Apple Quicktime page.

clemente

Agent
I've been told it was a game, but for the life of me I couldn't find a single person who had ever heard of it.

"Hit" may be stretching it some.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks