What's new

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Would you all recomend Dark Alliance to someone who's never played it? It seems like a good story, but from what I've seen, you just kill rats most of the time. Would you all mind telling me a bit about the game? Thanks!

Rob

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Its a great game and you only kill rats in the first area. The story is well done. If you haven't played it. Pick it up.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Is the Xbox version significantly improved over the PS2?

Or, in the words of Glinda, "Are you a good port or a bad port?"

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm...too bad. I heard they were going to upgrade some of the character models and add some other tweaks as well.
Played a rental of it 2 days ago when a buddy of mine came over. Looked virtually identical as far as I can tell. It might be worth it for the 480p support however. I'll have to rent it for myself to check for 16:9 compatibility as well but i probably wont botehr rebuying it. (maybe when it hits 20 bucks)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The Xbox version is out and and available for purchase.
Bleh. Been looking forward to it and it sneaks out with zero fanfare. Bah. Far far too many better than average games out this Christmas vying for attention. This'll get completely ignored.

Time for a rental!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Been looking forward to it and it sneaks out with zero fanfare
Whats even worse is its PS2 cousin also creeped out with almost zero interest. Reviewers were kind to the game and its a quality title but no one seemed to care:frowning:.
I'd get the Xbox version if I hadn't already beat the PS2 version so many times. Theres just too many good games coming to throw away cash right now...

paul h

Supporting Actor
Great game...from the review of the Gamecube version though seems it lost somthing along the way with graphics problems. Not often you see the Gamecube version of a game weaker than the PS2 original. It is Gauntlet though with some RPG elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks