Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for XBox!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bjoern Roy, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

TeamXBox.com reports that Interplay is working on a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance port for the XBox.

I played this gem on the PS2 and loved it. Its not as complex weapon and spell wise as Diablo II, but the gaming experience was sensational IMO, especially together with a friend. Graphics are simply stunning. Playability of the engine is as amazing.

Now, i doubt they will improve the graphics much. There honestly isn't much you could do there. But the reason i am excited that it will come to the XBox, of course, is 5.1 sound and HDTV output. More than 480p is wishful thinking, but even at 480p, things would clear up considerably. Things are rather small on screen, so the higher clarity of 480p will be stellar.

Although i finished the game with the sorceress right after its release, i am going to pick up the XBox version and play it again with another character. A thing i rarely do.

Anyone excited about this?

2. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I am. I played an in-store demo of the Playstation version and immediately wished it would come out for the Xbox. You're right, the graphics are very impressive. I have read that the story is kind of thin and the game might have been improved by being a little more of a real RPG, but I'm still looking forward to it and was very happy to hear they were going to port it over...

3. Brion Lydon

Brion Lydon Stunt Coordinator

You beat me. I was about to post the news.
    Man, I'm excited. [​IMG]
    Brion

4. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

For those interested, it's also coming on the Gamecube.