What's new

Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal help? (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I reloaded this game in an attempt to finish before Pools of Radiance comes out in September. I am so stuck in one section. It's in
Spoiler:the city of Tetheril (sp?); getting bombarded by the Fire Giants and I cant find out what to do
Help!
(Kenneth, I know you're out there... :))
------------------
Link RemovedMy Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
You need to find a way into the throne room to confront the guy that is in charge of the town. You do not get in through the front gates.
Talk to everyone in the town of importance, and you will find the way in, as I don't remember having any problems getting in there.
Matt
------------------

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I've already done that. He's dead. Now I've talked to everyone and I'm just wandering around town, aimlessly with no way out. City's still under siege...?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
So...after I confront him and his lackeys...I've already dispatched him and everyone is still kinda down about the fact that the Fire Giants are still attacking...
Help?

Luke_H

Stunt Coordinator
I believe once you take care of Gromnir (I think that's the leader of Saradush) you pocket plane back to the abyssal fortress.
Then you can leave the pocket plane and go the North Forest which should be on your map now.
I'm several quests ahead of you but not quite done.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
*Spoiler?*
I've jumped ahead a bit, figured out what I was doing wrong. NOw, I'm in the small city with the monastery. What's the deal with the Dead cave, with the lich? Theres a door I cant open (and those fission slimes are annoying..how do you deal with em permanently?) in there, needs a special key...and I also cant get into the monastery either.
I'm about to go to the two Bhaalspawn hangouts on my map..

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
(sorry I was slow, I am traveling; luckily they have free internet access in the Singapore airport from 12:00 to 06:00 :) ).
I think you have to complete the Lich quest before you can get into the monastary. The door you can't open should be the way in. The bartender in the pub tells you who to talk to in order to get inside the monastery. Good luck.
Kenneth

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ok here goes (spoilers again, just in case)
I talked with the lich, got the soul stone, gave it to the girl and that was it. Thee wasnt anything else to do...
I certainly hope it's not a scenario where if you didnt do A then you can't go to B.
frown.gif

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
I can't remember if the couple that lives next to the man with the Lich problem are involved or not. You might try the gamespot guide (they have the online version and PDF version, both are free) and see if it has some of the details. The internet connection here in Singapore is slowing to a crawl and the free time is almost up. Hopefully I will be picking up a new PC for my significant other this weekend. If I can talk her into an internet connection I will try and check back in. Otherwise, I am on vacation until a few days before Pool of Radiance comes out. Good Luck.
Kenneth
Did you try the quest with the three inexperienced adventurers (in the dragon dungeon)? It is definitely hilarious and worth a look if you are not past it.
Cheers,
Kenneth

The Soul Stone Quest was pretty straight forward. I played by:
1. talking to the father at the top of the map
2. going to the lich cave
3. destroying all the elementals released by the switches (fission slimes are a pain but I think they only divide 3 or 4 times)
4. talk to the lich and find out the full story about the father
5. go back to father and bring him to the lich
6. Watch him die then get Soul Stone
7. Take it to sick daughter. Done
You don't get much out of it except for xp.
You'll need to complete both Sendai's Enclave and Abizagazal's(?sp) Lair before you can enter the Monastary. I suggest you do Sendai first.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys. I've done the soulstone quest, from what I understand. However, I had to just deal with the slimes being in there, attacking me the whole time...they won't die! What I'm referring to is the set of dorrs that circle that room that the lich is in. I go through them all then get to the last one and can't open it at all. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to have the slimes dead before that door will open?
There's several questions I have but this seems to be the main problem at this time :)
I'll take you advice, Kenneth. I'm going to check out gamespot here in a bit. Have fun on vacation!

Luke_H

Stunt Coordinator
I don't remember doing this. Did you fight the lich or are you beyond that and are trying to go further in the cave?
If you are done with the soulstone quest, leave that cave and start the sendai quest. You will return here later.
/Luke
------------------

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I didn't fight the lich, just gave over the dad to him, got the stone and returned it to the girl. You know the doors at the top of that room, correct? Well, there's one that needs a special key and I can't find it.
?

John, I was unable to open the door also so I don't know if it's even possible. I do know that it's not a requirement to finish the game.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Peter,
I found out that it's
Spoiler: an alternate way into Balthazar's keep.
I'm currently working on this one right now as I'm finished with Spoiler:Sendai and Abagazal. I've had to change the way I handle combats with learning all the uses of certain spells (sequencers are awesome!) and had to purchase some scrolls to compliment the arsenal. I really wish I had a complete list of what little Cespenar can make ya and what it takes.

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Ask and you shall recieve (Cespenar item list):
I believe all items that are not noted with a place are found in Watcher's Keep. Good luck.
Case of Plenty +2:
Case of Plenty
Heartwood Ring:
Oaken Ring (Amkethran)
Nymph's Tear (Forest of Mir)
Thieves Hood (better):
Thieves Hood
Ring of Invisibility
Antidote Potion
10,000 gold
Helm of the Rock(Better):
Helm of the Rock
Horn (left)
Horn (right)
Montolio's Cloak:
Montolio's Clasp
Montolio's Cloak (Amkethran)
Wondrous Gloves:
Bard's Gloves
Star Sapphire
Diamond
Emerald
Rogue Stone
Blessed Bracers:
Paladin's Bracers
10,000 gold
Circlet of Netheril:
Bronze Ioun Stone (Vampire Nest, Saradush)
Circlet of Netheril
Golem Manual:
Golem Manual
Clay Golem Page
& 5,000 gold
Stone Golem Page (Marching Mountains)
& 10,000 gold
Juggernaut Golem Page (Abazigal's Lair)
& 15,000 gold
Improved Cloak of Protection +2:
Scroll: Invisibility
Scroll: Improved Haste
20,000 gold
White Dragon Plate:
White Dragon Scales
Blue Dragon Plate:
Blue Dragon Scales (Abazigal)
Aslyerferund Elven Chain +5:
Bladesinger Chain +4 (Dragon in Suldanesselar)
Scroll: Protection from Normal Weapons
40,000 gold
Bag of Plenty +2:
Bag of Plenty (Marching Mountains)
King's Tears
10,000 gold
Erinne Sling +5:
Erinne Sling +4
Fire Tooth +5:
Fire Tooth +4
Bowstring of Gond (Sendai's Lair)
Quiver of Plenty +2:
Quiver of Plenty
Rogue Stone
10,000 gold
Darkfire Bow +5:
Darkfire Bow (Capt. Erelon, Amkethran)
Taralash +5:
Taralash +4
Runehammer +5:
Runehammer +4 (Siege Camp)
Rune of Clangeddin (Sendai's Forest)
Flail of Ages +4:
Flail of Ages +3
Flail Head (Poison)
Flail of Ages +5:
Flail of Ages +4
Flail Head (Electric) (Abazigal)
Storm Star +5:
Storm Star +3
Starfall Ore (found in Kiser's House, Saradush)
Club of Detonation +5:
Club of Detonation +3
Ring of Fire Resistance
Hindo's Doom +4:
Hindo's Doom +3
Hindo's Hand (Abazigal's Lair)
Spectral Brand +5:
Spectral Brand +4
Skull of the Lich (Sendai's Lair)
Ravager +6:
Ravager +4 (Yaga Shura's Lair)
Serpent Shaft
Staff of the Ram +6:
Staff of the Ram +4 (Watcher's, Dragon)
Roranach's Horn
Axe of the Unyielding +5:
Baalor's Claw (Marching Mountain)
Axe of the Unyielding +3
Ixil's Spike +6:
Ixil's Spike
Ixil's Nail +4
Dagger of the Star +5:
Dagger of the Star +4 (Watcher's, Demi-Lich)
Star Sapphire (5)
Carsomyr +6:
Carsomyr +5 (Firkraag)
Eye of Tyr (Sendai's Lair)
Gram (improved):
Gram the Sword of Grief +5 (Abazigal's Lair)
Heart of the Damned (Sendai's Lair)
Purifier +5:
Purifier +4
Eye of Tyr (Sendai's Lair)
Foebane +5:
Foebane +3
Fflar's Scabbard (Saradush Sewer)
Angurvadal +5:
Angurvadal +4
Liquid Mercury (Sendai's Lair)
10,000 gold
Sword of Mask +5:
Short Sword of Mask +4
Heart of the Damned (Sendai's Lair)
[Edited last by Corey Hancock on September 03, 2001 at 07:42 AM]

John, of course. The dirty pain in the ass thief (forgot his name) mentioned it.
P.S. Have you played Icewind Dale? I'm playing that at the moment and it's quite a different experience. I'm working my way through BG1 again as a Necromancer with a view to import into BG2 as a Wild Mage. I hear they are a riot. :)

Users who are viewing this thread