balanced power

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DannyL, Jul 1, 2002.

1. DannyL

DannyL Stunt Coordinator

i wanted to ask those of you using balanced power- have you noticed a greater impact on audio or video. for audio, was there greater impact on source material (dvd, vcr, pre-amp) or on amplifiers.

2. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

DaNNY: Welcome to the forum. If you run a search using balanced power here or at the AVS forum, you will find a ton of info and reviews. Always use the search feature first before posting a general, open ended question.

Good Luck
    Ron

3. DannyL

DannyL Stunt Coordinator

actually i did perform a search first. i found some generalizations but i posted my question regarding the specific effects on individual components. i am considering buy a b-p-t balanced power unit and i cannot decide whether to go with a smaller one just for my dvd and preamp vs buying the larger one for my amps and tv.

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Perhaps the manufacturer can provide some quantification of benefits, perhaps something that goes beyond reviews in magazines or testimonials?
    you might also consider searching the newsgroups. If you go to www.google.com, then click on groups, then rec, then audio, then click on the first option "search within" you can put down your question. You might consider using terms like "balanced power" benefit.
    Good luck!

5. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

I know I posted my specific thoughts in a thread here and www.avsforum.com. On AVS try their tweaks section and general section. There has been a very detailed discussion and should answer all your questions.
    Ron
    PS: I know Chris at BPT offers a 30 return policy...but I think you would hear and see the benefits of balanced power...but it would depend on what you have done already to clean up your electric and where you live (each house can vary), plus what are you trying to accomplish? Specifically?

6. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil