What's new

Bahama Shutters (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Hello everyone!

My wife and I have FINALLY started making progress on our house which was seriously damaged during Hurricane Charley. I won't tell you about the hidious insurance nightmare. (But I will say Tom Gallagher IS da man!! Thanks Tom, Ms. Twogood and team!) I have a good contractor who has been patient while I struggled with my insurance co. He's is finally able to start.

Anywho - One important lesson learned is that hurricane panels are only useful if you can get them up - and speed matters! With a two-storied home and over twenty windows storm panels are impractical. The storm would be gone by the time I finished getting them on!

My wife and I are going to put electric shutters over our entry, and are considering a few other places. The cost is CONSIDERABLE. Colonial shutters are a more affordable option. Sadly, colonial shutters won't work on a few of our windows because the windows are too close to the corner of the house. We're considering BAHAMA shutters, either just on a few windows where colonials won't fit or all around.

My concern is that if we use them in just a few places it'll look hodgepodge, and if we go all around with Bahama hurricane shutters we'll loose visibility dramatically. All the photos I've seen of them online show what they look like from outside, but none show the view from inside - They look very restrictive.

Does anyone here have BAHAMA shutters? Would you be willing to share your opinions/experience? Got any photos?

Here is a photo of the front of my house.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/auraad...irA7CB0YammprZ
If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.. eyes.. text... well, you know what I mean.

I really appreciate your input on this. My wife and I are at our wits end trying to guess which way we'll be happy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks