Bahahahaha! Check out THIS horrific-looking movie!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Weinberg, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Giggle snort chuckle

[​IMG]

I've been praying for a Leslie Nielsen / Skeet Ulrich movie for years now. I hope the ethereal Ms. Henstridge got a massive paycheck for this dreck. Somehow I doubt it.

Oh, and lest you think this one's a family-friendly ripoffs of Snow Dogs...

Rated PG-13 for crude and sex-related humor including language.

Hmm, what else? Apparently the original title was Kevin of the North, but whoever dreamed up the current title should be made of the studio. Also, it's directed by the man who brought us Spice World and that wretched remake of That Darn Cat. Screenwriter? Oh, only the guy who penned Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, The Scorpion King, and Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde.

And it's a Canadian flick, which I'm pretty sure means that the taxpayers paid for it to be made.

Could this be the worst movie ever made? It came out on DVD yesterday, so maybe I'll find out. Pray for me.

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    One can only hope that this will be as good as the Skeet Ulrich/Cuba Gooding Jr. vehicle Chill Factor.

DJ

3. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Here's a review of the film from eyeWEEKLY that pretty much sums up what I expected (i tried a link but it doesn't work):

Back in the summer of 1999, Chill Factor was such a miserable flop, it murdered any career momentum possessed by its two rising stars, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Skeet Ulrich. And yet, three years later, both actors have emerged from their respective trash heaps in order to star in two separate movies about dogsledding. Cuba Gooding Jr.'s effort, Snow Dogs, was even a hit. Please, someone explain to me how this could have happened? Has Satan returned to live among men as a husky?

Surely only the darkest of dark forces could concoct Kevin of the North. Ulrich stars as Kevin Manley, a nerdy travel agent who stands to inherit his grandfather's fortune as long as he finishes a thousand-mile dogsled race that runs between Anchorage and Nome, Alaska. The only person who can help him do this is Bonnie Livengood (Natasha Henstridge), the granddaughter of Grandpa Manley's fiercest rival. Adding not a jot of comic relief are Leslie Nielsen as Thornton, the sneaky lawyer who wants the riches for himself, and once-funny British comic Rik Mayall (Drop Dead Fred) as Carter, Kevin's evil competitor.

Since it has an abundance of poo-poo humour, people hitting each other on the head with heavy things and explosions that leave characters covered in soot à la Yosemite Sam, Kevin of the North seems to be pitched at kids who adore the painful physical comedy of Home Alone or Bushwhacked. Yet the many dick jokes and scenes of Kevin getting it on with Bonnie and, in one breathtakingly inane and racist sequence, with a native babe in a teepee, make it way too raunchy for seven-year-olds. Its unrelenting ineptitude makes it too torturous for anyone else. JASON ANDERSON

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Ok why is a bulldog pulling a snow sled?

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Scott (L), I think the proper question is... Why aren't more dogsleds pulled by bulldogs? [​IMG]

6. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Least its got Natasha in it. Hot! [​IMG]

7. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Look at those charactor names:

Kevin Manley? Bonnie Livengood?

I wonder who plays Joseph Helpgetmeout-Ofthisterriblefilm?

8. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

9. James T

James T Screenwriter

That's been out here for awhile now and it's still called Kevin of the North.

Although the cover is a bit different, I never noticed how bad it actually is.

10. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Kinda makes you wonder if some actors pick their next film with the help of a blindfold and a dartboard...

11. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

No Greg, I'm pretty sure these types of film choices are the result of a lost bet.

I'm certain the only reason that Cuba wasn't in this was because he was already committed to his own crappy sleddog movie.

12. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Chilly Dogs? Ay caramba!

Jason Whyte: I dig the sig! [​IMG]

Sad that Orson Welles had to beg for financing when money is always getting shelled out for crap like this...