What's new

Bah! Prostates (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Agreed.

Thanks for the clarification Andrew. Prostate cancer is not the end of the world as long as it is caught during the early stages. Even some of the latter stages (involving a large tumor but still confined to the prostate) can be dealt with quite effectively.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Just to add my two cents based on experience. I was only 22 (21 years ago) or so when I started having Prostetitis symptoms. I (and my doctor) thought it was a bladder infection or kidney stone. A digital exam found a "tender" prostate so I took some medicine (too long ago to remember the name), was told to drink lots of water and was told to cut back on caffeine, spicy food and alcohol. He didn't mention the daily sex. I now limit caffeine to one serving per day which is probably still too much. I don't drink as much alcohol or eat as much spicy food, but I didn't go cold turkey. My dad had similar problems when he was in his 20s. His doctor did tell him about the daily sex, so my dad asked for a prescription:D .

Drinking a lot of water seems to help me a lot. I still have minor flare ups and it is usually when I slip and quit forcing myself to drink water. I may look into the Saw Palmetto.

Since my dad died of colon cancer at 59, I now get a colonoscopy every 5 years (first two were clear) which includes a digital exam (fortunately under anesthetic). So far, no long term problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks