What's new

Bad Xbox or just a bad disc ? (1 Viewer)

Craig LeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
I finally took the console plunge on Saturday afternoon... I picked up a Xbox at Walmart (it was on sale). I had an adventure trying to find the Advanced AV pack...none of the stores in the mall had any in stock...ended up finding one while out for groceries.

Once I had everythign setup, I started it up and tried the bundled Sega GT2002... I noticed some video glitches, kind of looked like some Vsync problems... then I tried Jet Set Radio Future...and the box would just freeze. So I'm not sure if it is just a bad disc or a bad console. I called MS's support line and they basically told me that they would send a replcement disc. I told them to nevermind as I was going to just return the system and get a new one.

DavidAM

Second Unit
I've had my box since release day and it has pretty much worked flawlessly. For a while I was gettind dirty disk errors during MotoGP, but that has stopped. I did buy a copy of SegaGT/JSRF off of ebay and while JSRF works great, I cannot play SegaGT. It will not load for me. I tried the boiling trick and that didn't work either. What was the # you called for Microsoft? I thought about doing that and seeing if they'd send me a new disk cause the one I have is useless. I bought it for SegaGT, JSRF was just a bonus (and not a good one....can't believe so many people like this game). Being that I can't play SegaGT and don't like JSRF, I bought a disk that I never use.

Craig LeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
I called the number that was in the Xbox paperwork... the GF is out shopping and is bringing back the new Xbox, so I can let you know what the number is later on...or tomorrow.

AaronJB

Second Unit
Oddly, I got quite a few errors when I first got an XBOX (wouldn't read/dirty disc), but nothing wrong since.

Craig LeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
The new Xbox works fine. Or at least it does with the bundled games. I'll pick up a game or 2 this week and see how it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks