Bad Xbox or just a bad disc ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig LeBlanc, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Craig LeBlanc

Craig LeBlanc Stunt Coordinator

I finally took the console plunge on Saturday afternoon... I picked up a Xbox at Walmart (it was on sale). I had an adventure trying to find the Advanced AV pack...none of the stores in the mall had any in stock...ended up finding one while out for groceries.

Once I had everythign setup, I started it up and tried the bundled Sega GT2002... I noticed some video glitches, kind of looked like some Vsync problems... then I tried Jet Set Radio Future...and the box would just freeze. So I'm not sure if it is just a bad disc or a bad console. I called MS's support line and they basically told me that they would send a replcement disc. I told them to nevermind as I was going to just return the system and get a new one.

2. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

So. Craig. Did you return the xbox for a new one? Did it solve the problem ?
    [​IMG]

3. Craig LeBlanc

It's going back tonight after work. Hopefully I won't get another lemon this time !

4. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I've had my box since release day and it has pretty much worked flawlessly. For a while I was gettind dirty disk errors during MotoGP, but that has stopped. I did buy a copy of SegaGT/JSRF off of ebay and while JSRF works great, I cannot play SegaGT. It will not load for me. I tried the boiling trick and that didn't work either. What was the # you called for Microsoft? I thought about doing that and seeing if they'd send me a new disk cause the one I have is useless. I bought it for SegaGT, JSRF was just a bonus (and not a good one....can't believe so many people like this game). Being that I can't play SegaGT and don't like JSRF, I bought a disk that I never use.

5. Craig LeBlanc

I called the number that was in the Xbox paperwork... the GF is out shopping and is bringing back the new Xbox, so I can let you know what the number is later on...or tomorrow.

6. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

Oddly, I got quite a few errors when I first got an XBOX (wouldn't read/dirty disc), but nothing wrong since.

7. Craig LeBlanc

The new Xbox works fine. Or at least it does with the bundled games. I'll pick up a game or 2 this week and see how it works.