What's new

Bad Taste - LE packaging now up! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I want the LE right now!
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I can't say how happy I am to see him able to "express" himself. Excellent.
Is that a standard case or some kind of custom tin?
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
November 20th - I'm so there!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Julie K

Screenwriter
Bad Taste is my favorite.
However, I'm just a little disappointed in the upcoming DVD. The LE seems a bit light. A second disc just for a ~20 minute documentary? That could easily go on the first disc. And while Peter Jackson is too busy with that silly little project of his, the Boys could have easily recorded a commentary is AB had sent someone over there.
But yeah, I'm going to pick it up as soon as it hits the shelves....
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

M

MaxY

I would be more then happy to go on location with Peter Jackson while he is working on his current projects. I will bring a portable DVD player and a tape deck to record his comments as we watch the DVD.
I would be willing to make this sacrifice just for you guys/gals that want the commentary/ :)
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

Todd_B

Second Unit
Oh joy!
I can't wait to add this bad boy to my collection. Looks as if, (like there was any doubt) AB has come through once again.
biggrin.gif

Todd B

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you Julie, this is really light in the extra's department for a 2-disc set. But since it's Bad Taste I'm compelled to buy. Perhaps there'll be an easter egg with instructions on turning your house into a spacecraft.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...24
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

Julie K

Screenwriter
I thought of this disc while watching There's Nothing Out There the other day. Like Bad Taste, it's a 'first film' and a little rough around the edges. However, unlike Bad Taste, TNOT seems to have a director who still cares about his early work. The release of TNOT is jammed packed with extras - a fun commentary, behind the scenes, picture gallery, etc. Throughout the commentary, it's obvious that the director was heavily involved in the DVD release.
I still feel the LE is light (I will pick it up regardless, but I can complain, can't I?). There's just loads and loads of stuff that exists that could go on the disc. There's hours of extra footage with different plots (death scenes for most characters, Barry turning into an alien, different alien masks, Giles being taking out into a forest to be killed, etc.) There's tons of behind the scenes photos. The Boys, or at least some of them, told AB that they were willing to do a commentary.
Except for the fact that AB seems too cheap to fly someone over to NZ with a tape recorder, I think a lot of the problem is that Peter Jackson doesn't care about Bad Taste anymore now that he's got LOTR. I will survive with a light LE of Bad Taste, but worse, I fear we'll never see another of the insanely demented gorefests that he excels at making.
Speaking of LOTR, has anyone noticed the ring on Lord Crumb's finger? Having "From the director of LOTR" splattered over the cover was expected, but I think it's real cheap and tacky to force a ring on his finger. Yech.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"
[Edited last by Julie K on September 29, 2001 at 09:43 AM]

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Whoa Juile. Lots of hostility there. I always thought that the lack of involvement of PJ was because he was tied up in the new Trilogy. I mean, he really is working on three films that will be released on three consecutive Christmases.
Just count me into the camp of those who is thankful that AB has given a movie I love a special edition. I would have loved a commentary, but I really don't know the specifics of why it wasn't done.
Also, I think Frighteners, while not being a gorefest, was an imaginitive and well made return to the horror genre (after HC).
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Well, apart from Heavenly Creatures being his best work (in my opinion) and still MIA, I can get the limited edition of Bad Taste dirt cheap from a UK supplier for £18 delivered, so I'm not complaining.
To be honest, the set is more than enough for me. I can't wait to see the new THX anamorphic windowboxed (hopefully) transfer and DTS-ES sound remix (I mean, really!) after my awful full-frame mono video recording from a 1995 BBC2 "Forbidden Weekend" of notorious films.
Julie - the set's saving grace is the documentary, which is absolutely wonderful. If there was ever a piece that made you want to run out with a camera, some friends and a bucket of red paint, this is it. It really instilled the urge to make a film when I was younger that hasn't left me yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks