"Bad Taste LE" Packaging - Never Had This Happen to Me Before...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Leonard, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Mar 11, 2001
    So, I received my copy of the Bad Taste: LE today, and while I was in the process of opening it up, I heard a rattling...uh-oh. So I open it up and initially, it looked OK: both discs seemed to be securely in their place.
    Then I proceeded to pick up the first disc, and it came out...with the hub attached to it. It didn't seem to harm the disc at all (couldn't detect any scratches on it), and the hub is a variation on the push-in-both-parts/disc-comes-loose kind, so it was easy to get out. The hub was itself surrounded by a plastic circle, so I put a bit of superglue on it and pasted it back it, and it's as good as new.
    However, my paranoia has gotten the better of me: will the hub come loose again, and will the superglue I used somehow warp my DVD? Somehow, I doubt either will happen, but I would like a second opinion...anybody else have a similar situation with their LE's?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.
  2. Allan Petersen

Allan Petersen Stunt Coordinator

Oct 1, 2001
    I have a similar problem with my Bad Taste-LE. Rather annoying, really.
    while I appreciate the attempt to make a different mechanism for holding the discs in place, it just doesn't seem to be a very sturdy design. To add insult to injury, the entire plastic frame (not just the tabs) fell out when I opened the cover for the first time! The cover itself doesn't show signs of abuse, so I'm guessing that it is just sloppy handiwork from the manufacturer. The DVD's haven't been scratched, though, so I guess that I'll carefully glue it back in place. A little polystyrene cement was used to glue the tabs in place and so far it works.
    You're not alone in this, if that is any consolation.[​IMG]