What's new

Bad service with AV123 (1 Viewer)

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
This is nice to hear.

I've never bought anything from AV123 as I am happy with my current equipment. But I did meet Mark when they had there meet in Dallas and it's obvious he has a love for the hobby and a strong desire to please his customers.
I was lucky enough to win a UFW-10 in Dallas which I use in my second system and it is truly one of the best subs in it's price range.

Even the best companies have hiccups now and then. What sets them apart is the way they respond and handle things.
If people didn't point out the weaknesses, then companies that do care wouldn't know what area's need tweaking. I should know, I work in telecom for a company that needs lots of tweaking! ;)

Matt G.

Agent
Folks who are considering AV123 equipment because of their world class customer service should also be aware that their products are also world class in quality and value. There are a lot of professional reviewers floating around that use Onix and Perpetual gear in their personal systems...not to mention the legion of regular people who swear by it (myself included). Their customer service is the icing on the cake, but their gear is even more incredible. Do yourself a favor and look for a local audition (AudioEnvy.com) and find out for yourself.

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Serious kudos to all involved!!!

Can you imagine the outcome had the story been "sent my defective sub back to BB (or CC or GG or tweeter or...) and it fell through the cracks of their shipping / repair department"?

Somehow I don't see the President of those companies responding personally, upgrading the sub for free, offering one of their own to color match and suggesting he stop by to personally install it...

John

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Mark just has a big heart and wants his company to be about one thing... integrity! plus the best possible quality at price point.

PaulKoss

Agent
I believe that ChrisPATT and ChrisBee are referring to my post. Personally I believe that there should be a protocol for this kind of thing....

1) work the system. If you don't get satisfaction, then...
2) complain as high up the ladder as you can get, and make it clear that if you don't get satisfaction you will take it to the forums, then ...
3) take it to the forums

I think it is important to sound the warning shot before going public rather than leave little bombs lying around for honest guys like Mark to stumble over. Consider the result if this happened just as he was leaving the house for China - generally a 24 hour trip each way with spotty connectivity and a very busy schedule all the way (I know, I've done it). This could have laid around for days. Going to the forums without warning forces smaller operators to monitor every forum obessively when they have very full plates as it is. Given a justifiable complaint, any vendor who ignores a threat to go to the forums deserves what they get; to punish somebody just because they didn't see a particular posting is a bit harsh IMHO.

My 2 cents.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Paul

Robert as getting nowhere with the staff involved.
Posting here resulted in bypassing the staff involved.
The same staff would probably have fielded the next message aimed higher up.
Why can't you just accept that Robert's action in posting to the forum was his LAST and ONLY option left to him? :)

BTW the tweeter in my 16-46 has just begun to go off! Any chance Ron or Tom could personally install me a nice pair of free SS Ultra's in medium antique oak as compensation for my worries over this matter?
Or should I start a new thread? :wink:

Robert Ross

Agent
Just received the new sub, and it looks beautiful! It will probably be quite a while before I get it setup since this sub has a parametric eq that I'll need to adjust (plus I'll have to readjust the phase and gain settings). So for the next few hours I'll be busy with that, I'll let you guys know how it sounds when I'm finished (no big mystery there, it will sound wonderful of course)!

I can say as of now (since the sub has arrived and I have it my hands) that I am completely satisfied with AV123's service. Judging from MLS's reaction to my problem, I now understand that my situation was just a slew of unlucky events that shouldn't have happened. I now believe that if something were to happen again to my equipment (God forbid), that the CS I will receive will be quick and responsive (espically after this situation). Thanks again, Mark!

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
Do let us all know what you think Robert...

Thanks once again... :)

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

Robert Ross

Agent
Sorry for the late reply, I've had a busy day today. While I was adjusting my sub using the Avia disc I decided to just readjust all my speakers. I upped everything from 70db to 80db, but when my ears started bleeding, I realized that I should bring that level back down, heh. But I still went heavy on the bass because....well, becuase I just love my bass! And I figured I might as well take advantage of all the extra power I've got now. It sounds absolutly wonderful! I played my favorite bass-heavy scene in a movie, the FOTR Balrog fight, and every roar shook the walls!

As of right now I can't really take advantage of the built-in eq on the sub because I don't have a test cd that plays low-frequency notes. Anyone know where I can find one of these? The UFW manual says I can get one at stryke.com but I can't find one anywhere on there.

But anyways, thanks again to MLS and his crew for helping me out, and to all that responded.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Just try E-mailing John over at Stryke and see if he's still offering the bass tone CD.

Robert, I'm very greatful to read that this situation has been resolved. We're very fortunate to have companies that are capable of stepping in to find out where some link in the process failed. This is something we don't see with *mega-sized* companies.

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Robert...

Just leaving for the HT Show and Rocket NY GTG...

Please ring me on my mobile phone and I'll try to pick something up for you and ship it...

720.244.0727 (MODS... I've posted this number before and I have no issues doing it again)...

Talk to you soon...

All the best...

mls

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.