1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad room shape

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kurt Leutfeld, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Kurt Leutfeld

Kurt Leutfeld Auditioning

Because of my main living room shape/door placement, my tv can only fit into the corner of my room, with the viewing area opposite and slightly to the right. I have no other alternative to a tv setup without starting to knock brick walls down. Can anyone suggest the best setup for L&R front speakers? The system is used for dolby D& general music

2. Kurt Leutfeld

Kurt Leutfeld Auditioning

Sorry for posting twice

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    My first setup was with a corner placement TV with seating on each wall and it was less than ideal and very hard to set up the speakers , especially the surrounds. It is not a good setup. It might be a good idea to mention the speakers you have and how large they are.

That said, I would separate the front speakers as much as you could without bringing the TV too far from the corner. The surround speakers I used to have were secured to each wall adjacent to the rear corner of the room. If your speakers are able, they could also hand off the ceiling.