Bad Room Layout

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by StuartST, Oct 1, 2005.

1. StuartST

StuartST Auditioning

Sep 18, 2004
    I am going to be redoing my living rooms nasty Movie/Television setup. Actually right now there is no setup.

Equipment List
    Reciever: Sony DER-845 (something like that is doesn't matter it's an old crappy 5.1)
    Source 1: Tivo Satellite Reciever
    Source 2: Panasonic DVD (Progressive, DVD-A, SACD, SVCD and all that jazz)
    Television: Older non Progressive capable Toshiba 32" (though the top of the line of nonprogressives)
    Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 3v2 x 2

www . footworkmedia . com / livingroom-2.gif

Listening/Viewing area is currently at the wall with 3 windows. RSpkr sits next to right side of EntCntr, LSpkr sits on oppisite side of the Opening along that same wall.

My wife has given me a budget of $1000 to upgrade our setup. We will be putting glass paneled frech doors where opening is. We will likely be getting a LCD or Plasma screen TV that will sit above the fireplace. If this happens (likely it will), we will move the couch to be in front of the doors opposite the wall with two doors.

So I am considering upgrading my DVD source (not as critical honestly), Reciever, Possible upgrading the speakers, and adding a sub and center channel speaker.

I am looking for specific suggestion of where to spend my money.
  2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Aug 5, 1999
    I’m guessing the $1000 doesn’t include the new TV?

There’s really no reason to replace a working DVD player, especially since yours appears to be fairly new. Ditto for the receiver, unless you really don’t like it for some reason. I think I’d put the money towards a sub, since you don’t have one. That will make a tremendous difference.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt
  3. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

Aug 20, 2004