Bad news regarding Dead Reckoning

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rich Romero, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Aparently the deal with Fox and George Romero has fallen through for him to make the latest 'Dead' film. www.deadreckoning.com no longer leads to Fox, and I've read that Fox tried to make George change some things about the script, George denied, and I'm pretty sure it's over. However, Guillermo Del Toro apparently is trying to help George get the funds to make this. This is both good news and bad news. Good in the sense that George won't have anyone tampering with the way he wants the movie to be. Bad in that it's not for sure going to be made anymore.

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I fear that even if he succeeds in getting independent financing, he may be in the same boat as Rob Zombie is with his horror opus - desperate for a distributor.

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

4. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Well, I screwed up on that one due to bad memory, but the deal has fallen through apparently regardless.

5. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please, for the love of all that is undead, could some studio have the balls to let George make Dead Reckoning?

6. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    When I saw George Romero speak following a showing of NOTLD on January 11, he said that there was no deal yet for a fourth movie...

DJ