What's new

Bad news for Packer fans :( (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
Why on earth would the Packers want to pick up this bundle of trouble? If they needed a receiver, they would've been better off with Cris Carter's "me-me-me" attitude. :frowning:
-Dave

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Dave...

While I am most happy to see him leave my team...going to GB wouldn't have been my first choice.

Hopefully he'll straighten out & do okay for the Pack.

Calvin

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
If Glenn plays up to his potential and past performances the Packers should have a pretty good acquisition. To me though, it seems like Glenn is just too much of an unstable person.
At least the Packers are taking a chance. I am an Eagles fan and Andy Reid would never even consider taking a look at Glenn because of his character. I am all for character, but if it keeps you from getting better when you were as close to getting to the super bowl as the eagles were last year, I say screw character ;)
J

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Glenn is very talented, and the Packers needed help at wide receiver. The downside, though, is he's a real pain in the locker room (and he's a former Buckeye, too :) ). Desperate teams will take chances on players of questionable character. The Dolphins just gave up several draft choices for Ricky Williams.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Glenn is a talented receiver. I'm not sure what transpired between him and Belichek but it wasn't good. Your much better off with Glenn than Cris Carter and I'm a Vikings fan.

Patrick

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
One of the main reasons that Sherman was chosen for head coach was to bring back discipline to the team. Picking up Glenn just seems antithetical to that decision. I'd be happier if they secured Corey Bradford and Bill Schroeder first. They are two proven players that do well in the Green Bay system (Schroeder especially).

Hopefully Farve will knock Glenn into line with the rest of the team.

BTW: Has any team been making moves for Levens?

-Dave

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Glenn has been humbled recently. After making such a stink at New England, the Pats went on to shock the world by winning the championship. That has to have deflated his ego. Maybe he will learn that football is a team sport, and no one man is more important, no matter how talented.

Remember, people used to say the same thing about Latrell Sprewell.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Hell, they used to say the same things about Cris Carter, and to a lesser extent Brett Favre. Sometimes these guys do grow up. Terry Glenn has a lot of talent, and if that can be harnessed, this trade could turn out very well for The Pack.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I am glad they made this move. Picking up a reciever who has speed and runs good routes was a much needed aquisition. Green Bay has alot of high priced baggage they would do well to cut loose, such as Levens. Not that Levens' isn't a good player, but with Green being the man, do you keep paying a guy $4-5 million a year to carry the ball 30 times? That's a huge salary cap hit for such an insignificant performer. I am personally praying that Schroeder goes somewhere else. He has good speed, but is an absolute dunce when it comes to learning the system. He gives up on plays and too many times comes up with the "I didn't expect the ball" line. Someone should clue him into the fact that Brett Favre is throwing the ball-he should expect the ball, no matter where he is on the field. As the No. 2 reciever, Green Bay needs far more production and Schroeder isn't the answer.
Bruce

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
Ah yes, the old "their garbage is better than our garbage" routine. :) I hope this works out for the Packers, and at least Glenn has potential, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Glenn is a talented receiver. I'm not sure what transpired between him and Belichek but it wasn't good. Your much better off with Glenn than Cris Carter and I'm a Vikings fan.

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Good riddance. There's no doubt that he's talented, but as the Patriots showed, they were a better TEAM without him than they were with him. It takes a lot more than a few great catches to make up for the negative baggage that he brings.

The sad thing is that he'll probably be getting a ring.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks