Bad news for Fear Factory fans

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Pagac, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Scott Pagac

Scott Pagac Stunt Coordinator

I just went to their web site today to see what was going on. Turns out something big happened on Saturday, March 2nd. From the site...

"LATEST NEW UPDATES - March 8

DARK NIGHT OF MY SOUL...

Rumours circulating about the demise of Fear Factory over the last few days are true.

While we do not have an official statement from the band they have indicated that they have decided to go their separate ways after 12 years.

No reason for Fear Factory`s demise has been set in stone yet, but unofficially, it seems that the old 'irreconcilable differences' between 2 of the band members is to blame."

Also...

For those who haven`t read/seen it yet, here is a summary from RoadRunnerRecords.com about the parting of ways, which pretty much sums up everything:

"It is with heavy heart that we write this, but recent rumors you may have heard or read elsewhere regarding Fear Factory are true. If you do not know what we are talking about, the bottom line is that Fear Factory is no longer together as a band.

This past Saturday (03/02), vocalist Burton Bell sat the band down in their rehearsal studio to announce his intentions of leaving the band. For whatever reasons, Burton no longer has the want to carry on in Fear Factory. And the rest of the band - guitarist Dino Cazares, bassist Christian Olde Wolbers, drummer Raymond Herrera - do not have the want to carry on with Fear Factory without Burton. After 12 years, Fear Factory call it quits.

Fear Factory, whom had actually been writing new material - recently sending in a demo of five new tracks (just guitar and bass tracks) - will still be recording at least one last song together for the time being. To take place at some point in coming weeks, they will be recording a new, as of yet untitled track for the upcoming "Terminator" video game.

Plans after that are not yet fully known. However, we will surely be keeping tabs, and keeping you updated on all future band member endeavors.

You have yet to hear the last from Fear Factory, as plans are forming to release their never heard debut album, Concrete, containing 16 tracks - half of which were re-recorded for their Roadrunner debut, Soul Of A New Machine. The album was recorded in 1991 and was produced by a then unknown Ross Robinson. It was this album that made its way to Roadrunner's A&R dept and earned the band a record deal.

Speaking of Roadrunner's A&R dept, head of A&R Monte Conner, who signed Fear Factory, had this to say:

"It's hard to be sad when you consider that Fear Factory had a solid and successful 10 year run and for that, I am incredibly thankful. How many artists today even make it to a second album? All good things come to an end and in this case, it is a very natural thing to happen. It's nice to know that they went out on a high after making an awesome record - Digimortal. As a consolation to the most diehard fans, we've got a few interesting things in the vaults that we will be releasing in the future. I want to thank Dino, Burton, Christian and Raymond for making some incredible records for Roadrunner and helping put this label on the map. I will forever be proud of these records and thrilled that I was a part of them. I wish all four of them the best in their future musical endeavors, and hope Roadrunner can be a part of some of them. FF - R.I.P."

A toast to Fear Factory, their 12 year career, their 10 year relationship with us at Roadrunner, and all releases and feats accomplished - all impressive. All our best."

I have been a fan since a bit before Demanufacture. I did not go see them during the last tour, thinking I would catch them the next time around. I will regret that decision for a long time to come. I did get a chance to see them many years ago, opening for Iron Maiden on the X-Factor tour. The next time I saw them (also being the last), they were headlining the 2nd stage at OzzFest '99. FF was one of my favorite heavy bands that had a vision and stuck to it to the end.

Farewell, Fear Factory, and good luck in the furture. Maybe paths will cross again in the furture.

--Scott

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I heard about this on the radio. I think the singer wanted to go for a more indie-rock alternative sound, while the rest of the band wanted to stay with a harder, agressive metal approach.

3. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this just sucks...
    I have been following this band since soul of a new machine.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... This is one of my favorite bands...can I say it again, this just sucks...NOOOOOOOOOO [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This has to be the worst news I have heard in a very long time!
    Man I am depressed now!
    So sad.....
    R~ [​IMG]

4. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

I started listening to them when Demanufacture came out. I think maybe this is for the best, since IMO their later albums were getting progressively weak. Raymond Herrera is still flat out one of the best drummers around. I wish he didn't lighten up on the double-bass so much on the last two albums.

Demanufacture and Obsolete are two of the most played cds in my car stereo and I think always will be.

5. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

Wow, this is a downer. I haven't been a fan as long, but in the past couple years FF has become one of my favorite bands. Obsolete was my first impression of the band, and it is still my favorite with Resurrection being one of my all time favorite songs. Man, I'm glad I saw them last spring - it was my one and only time.[​IMG]

6. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Hi all....Here is some good news that I found out today. I guess fear factory is going to release a new album minus dino.........There new stuff if you go to the website sounds pretty cool. Don't know if they are going to get back together or just finish off there record contract....I hope they get back together...

Still we will be getting another ff ablum....YES

R~