What's new

Bad movies good for a laugh (1 Viewer)

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Mommie Dearest. I find that scene when Joan Crawford yells at that headmaster lady hi-larious. And also the big confrontation with Christina after that, especially when she swats that interviewer lady and her nanny(?) like she was the Incredible Hulk.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
"No wire hangerrrrsss!!!!!!!!"

I tell ya, I don't know how accurate that movie was to Joan Crawford's life, but if it was accurate, that woman was out of her freaking gord!

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
I'd like to suggest a more recent film:

Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark.

Saw that one on opening night last month simply for its MST3K possibilities (didn't pay for it - the joys of working at the theater), and by the end credits, I was stumbling down the stairs because I was laughing so hard.

If it's still around a theatre near you, by all means go. When it comes out on DVD by the summer, get your friends together and have a grand old time.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
There is one MST3K movie that I almost died from laughter watching...I don't remember the title, but all I know is that it had Santa Claus AND Martians in it. :D

-Dennis

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
THE PUNISHER.

It made me and my friends laugh so hard, and not in the way they intended. The worst conceived characters seen in a movie, maybe ever.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Have you seen the extremely cheesy $2 million version of The Fantastic Four? That one's so bad, it's hilarious!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Pod People (MST3K venison) I watched back in 96 or 97 with a friend, late late at night. We laughed so damn hard my eyes were dry from crying so much and my stomach hurt for days. We still quote the damn thing.

"Trumpy, you know magic?!"
"It's called Evil kid!!"

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Actually , the TROLL IN SPACE movie is even more hillariously funny, though I suspect it was more intentional.

THE PUNISHER. funny thing about this, is the Dolph Lundgren version is equally as funny/bad. CAPTAIN AMERICA is pretty hillarious as well. CAP's mask doesn't fit the actors face, so every time he wears it, he gets all smooshed and doesn't look like he can close his eyes.

I'd add GYMKATA to this as well. The reall fun in this movie is that it's great to watch with a friend who is serious about any martial arts, and than act like your in awe of the deadly art of GYMKATA.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Any one of the Sleepaway Camp films. Intentional and not; all three of the films are hilarious!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Dont forget Troma films good.

CLass of Nuke Em High
Toxic Avenger
Etc. etc.

Gralen

Stunt Coordinator
There was a movie that was made in the netherlands about a american general fights a monster that spits acids. The american actor was so bad every time he spoke, I ask myself why is he giving americans a bad name. I cant remember the name of the film but the special effect were awful. You could see the strings if you had a t.v with a screen size of bigger than 27 inches. The film is on cable mostly cinamax and HBO in the day time. And it is not in hidef.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have to take issue with Night of the Creeps, it's a classic. Sure it's funny, but it means to be. :)

One of my all time favorite MST3K episodes, The Final Sacrifice. That film would be truly unbearable without the boys trashing it to bits!

Mike Nelson upon seeing the opening title...
"Come on mom, just one more sacrifice, please!"

"All right young man, but this is your FINAL sacrifice."

And a fade-in establishing shot of the whole town, accompanied by the sound of a stalled car engine trying to start...

Crow T. Robot...
"Uh oh, the town's alternator is shot."

:laugh:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yup! Oh boy did I get hate mail when I panned the original. It seems there's a small but passionate group of folks who really like that flick. I can't imagine why - it's one of the worst films ever made. And the DVD's audio commentary is atrocious as well! :thumbsdown:

Link to the review in question: http://www.dvdmg.com/sleepawaycamp.shtml

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, I won't send you hate mail, Colin, but I am one of the small but passionate group. :)

One man's junk is another man's treasure as the saying goes.

And honestly, I can see why people were pissed, you were beyond harsh on this little flick, it's not nearly as bad as all that, not by a long shot.

Just my opinion, don't hurt me. ;)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Dolls is hilarious. I love the part when the English punk girl gets attacked by the little redcoats and yells out something like "The little girl was right. They're little people. They're fucking dolls!" The part where the teddy bear attacks the girls parents was hilarious as well It looked like someone was in one of those amusement park suits with a few modifications. My cousin and I watched this a lot as kids because it's so damn stupid and funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks