What's new

Bad Movie = SE DVD ?! (1 Viewer)

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
Could somebody explain to me why every bad movie gets a full blown SE and some classics are bare bones releases apart from marketing reasons ?
I love my SE's of Fight Club, Akira, Requiem for a Dream, Pi, aso.
but there are tons of (modern) classics which were released bare bones.
Special Features take us behind the scenes of a movie and are obviously for people who are really interessted in movies. For me movies are art and not everybody can "read" film, so why not give more interesting films like
Bringing out the Dead
Delicatessen
City of Lost Children
El Topo
O Brother Where are you
Lost Highway
aso.
interesting Se's
I understand that some directors don`t like to show you exactly how things were done and i can accept that..but how about approching some films in a different way..kinda more like literature.
I don`T judge Se's in terms of how many hours of extra materials do i get...i judge them on the quality of those extras and as some of you noticed..SEs are getting more more boring in my opinion.So I hope that studios will produce more fastidiously SE's of fastidiously movies in the future. I don``t care if they give me 2 hours about the making of a certain special effects or a good essay about the movie..the quality is what counts
Roland

Scott Dill

Stunt Coordinator
"build it, and they will come"
A look at Ron's DRIVEN thread should answer your question. While there is very little interest in the film, there is tremendous interest in the DVD due to its high quality and features.
The studios know that adding these features will sell DVD's no matter how bad the film is, so its just a way maximizing the revenue. Many of these so-called "bad films" are very high profile and the creation of an SE does seem to spice up the sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks