Bad Lieutenant?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Anthony Neilson, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    Does anybody know if there are any plans to do this modern classic justice on DVD ? I think it's one of the greatest film noirs ever made, probably the best anti-drugs film ever made, undoubtedly the best film Abel Ferrara's ever made and has at its centre one of the bravest, most committed screen performances ever given - courtesy of Harvey Kietel. I know they're unlikely to sort out the music clearance issues that have kept Schooly D's Signifying Rapper off the soundtrack, but I'd love to see this film polished up and given a commentary at least.
    Who owns the rights over there ?

2. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

The greatest studio ever ARTISAN! [​IMG]

I do agree with your assessment of the film. It's one of my favorites and Harvey's best performance. Truly amazing piece of acting!

3. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

Any update on this title? I'm so tempted to buy the current DVD.

4. Bobby Garfield

I got it from Best Buy with Young Americans for $12, but that was a special from well over a year ago. I think you can get Bad Lieutenant by itself for under $10 at most places. I am somewhat conflicted about the movie, but I cannot deny that it's very powerful.

As for Young Americans, it's unfortunately full-frame - I haven't bothered to watch it yet since I just got the 2-pack for Bad Lieutenant (which, thankfully, is in its correct widescreen OAR).

5. Anthony Clifton

Anthony Clifton Stunt Coordinator

6. Rod

Rod Agent

I realize everyone has different tastes, but IMHO Bad Lt. is a film with absolutely no redeeming value. I saw it at the theater and afterwards felt like I needed to take a shower. No doubt it has a powerful performance by Keitel, but you may want to think twice before indulging in this one. Of course if you like to see graphic sexual perversity, intravenous drug use and a nun getting raped, then this movie is for you. Just be warned ... it'll stay in your head for a while.

7. Daniel Windsor

Daniel Windsor Stunt Coordinator

IMHO Bad Lt. is a film with absolutely no redeeming value.

It a film full of redemption (for the viewer). I'm sorry you can't see that because you make it sound like a piece of trash.

It's a great film about the demise of a man's soul. It is not a Disney film.

Of course if you like to see graphic sexual perversity, intravenous drug use and a nun getting raped

Is there more Iraq photos due? [​IMG]