What's new

Bad Lieutenant? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Does anybody know if there are any plans to do this modern classic justice on DVD ? I think it's one of the greatest film noirs ever made, probably the best anti-drugs film ever made, undoubtedly the best film Abel Ferrara's ever made and has at its centre one of the bravest, most committed screen performances ever given - courtesy of Harvey Kietel. I know they're unlikely to sort out the music clearance issues that have kept Schooly D's Signifying Rapper off the soundtrack, but I'd love to see this film polished up and given a commentary at least.
Who owns the rights over there ?

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
The greatest studio ever ARTISAN! :thumbsdown:

I do agree with your assessment of the film. It's one of my favorites and Harvey's best performance. Truly amazing piece of acting!

I got it from Best Buy with Young Americans for $12, but that was a special from well over a year ago. I think you can get Bad Lieutenant by itself for under $10 at most places. I am somewhat conflicted about the movie, but I cannot deny that it's very powerful.

As for Young Americans, it's unfortunately full-frame - I haven't bothered to watch it yet since I just got the 2-pack for Bad Lieutenant (which, thankfully, is in its correct widescreen OAR).

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator
I'm so tempted to buy the current DVD.
Considering you can get it for less than $10 shipped, I'd just buy it if I were you. The video is pretty decent, especially based on the gritty feel of the film.

While an SE would be cool, I'd settle for a release with the missing Schooly D song and a new transfer.

I doubt this one will be revisited any time soon....

Rod

Agent
I realize everyone has different tastes, but IMHO Bad Lt. is a film with absolutely no redeeming value. I saw it at the theater and afterwards felt like I needed to take a shower. No doubt it has a powerful performance by Keitel, but you may want to think twice before indulging in this one. Of course if you like to see graphic sexual perversity, intravenous drug use and a nun getting raped, then this movie is for you. Just be warned ... it'll stay in your head for a while.

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO Bad Lt. is a film with absolutely no redeeming value.

It a film full of redemption (for the viewer). I'm sorry you can't see that because you make it sound like a piece of trash.

It's a great film about the demise of a man's soul. It is not a Disney film.

Of course if you like to see graphic sexual perversity, intravenous drug use and a nun getting raped

Is there more Iraq photos due? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks