Bad jagged lines and jitter problem with Dead Zone season 1. Just me or issue?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rolando, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Hi all,

As the title suggests I have horrible "jaggies" while watching Dead Zone Season One.

So Far I have only watched disk one but all 3 episodes have this problem. I did a search in the forum and was surprised to find nothing about this.

I read about the Family Guy issue and I had that happen to me on that set and on X-Files but I always use the "video features" on my DVD player to "zoom out" to compensate for overscan. However if I disable this and watch X-Files or Family Guy as is with overscan I don't have this problem, no "jaggies" no jitter problems.

However on Dead Zone the "jaggies" are bad and often and no matter what setting I have (or don't have) they are there. Do I have a defective set? Anyone else have this? I have not tried another player but my player has never had this problem and other discs play fine.

I have a Malata N996.

thanks in advance boys.

PS, I also had a concern about not getting an "outer box" for my fold out but a search showed I was not the only one. How cheap is that? So NO ONE who bought this set got a "box" to put the fold out case in like other TV sets?

2. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    I don't have the season one set yet but I do have the pilot episode and didn't notice any picture issues like you have experienced.

As to the outer box issue this was a major complaint from the fans. Fortunately this has been corrected with the Season 2 set - which I do have.

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Rolando, I didn't notice any problems like you experienced. I thought the set looked wonderful.

As for the slipcase....that's standard for Lions Gate [​IMG] It really cheapens the set.

Gord

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I sounds like your de-interlacer isn't working properly as I didn't have this problem either.

5. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

DOH! anyone know if there is a setting I can change for this or just means my player messes up with this title? Never had this before... could it be a faulty DVD or is it definitely the player?