What's new

Bad Co. - Self Titled Release (Steve Hoffman mastering) (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
This is a blatant shout out for the new, Steve Hoffman mastered, Audio Fidelity release of Bad Company's self titled debut.

If you like early 70's hard rock, and this album in particular, BUY THIS CD. The sonics are stunning.

I have been a huge fan of this music since its release back in '74. I played "Can't Get Enough" on the cafeteria juke box pretty much every day when I was in high school. I consider this title to be one of the quintessential hard rock records.

To use a well-worn cliche, hearing it on this Hoffman mastered, gold HDCD release is like hearing for the 1st time. I have this on vinyl from back in the day, and on the un-remastered CD, so I feel qualified to say that I am pretty familiar with the tunes, but I have NEVER heard it sound this good.

If every CD sounded like this, there would be no need for SACD and DVD-A. The Hoffman forum says that this will only be available for a limited time. If this music is to your liking, I would high-tail it over to CD Universe, Elusive Disc, or where ever you buy music, and be done with it.

Hearing this release, makes me sad that Steve can't remaster a few other gems from that era; say perhaps Aerosmith's "Rocks", Trower's "Bridge of Sighs", to name a couple.

Brian

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Maybe so Rachael, but I guess we are never going to find out, eh?????

I suppose I would like to opportunity to hear both back to back, but like many things in life, that one is just not in the cards.

Brian

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how it compares to the Atlantic/Swan Song remaster?

Bet we could find out over in Steve's site. :)

Rachael- I edited your statement:

;)

Quick sidenote is I always wonder how much really can be gained by remastering a 1974 recording, to CD. 16/44, a 30 year old recording, etc...

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I own this disk and it sounds very good. The drums and cymbals sound particularly good, but the sound is good throughout. I also like how Steve also added count ins to a lot of the songs and even a false start on, I think, Rock Steady. I believe this is only available through September 2006. If you are a fan of this album, buy this disk.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
This is a must own CD . . . yet another splendid job by the master of mastering, Steve Hoffman. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks