What's new

Bad Boys II trailer (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Michael Bay has uped the ante for car chase scenes it appears. (and that means something since his movies are over-the-top anyway!)

Jon Strong

Agent
Oh! When I saw this in front of The Two Towers everyone in the place went crazy, it's gonna do real good.

Hopefully Bay will get back to what he's good at...no offense to Pearl Harbor likers.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I don't think i've seen so many different explosions within 5 secs of each other.
Couple of questions:-
Was that Henry Rollins as the tough cop :)
I thought Jerry Bruckheimer didn't have the Don Simpson/Bruckheimer films logo anymore. What is going on there?

Jon Strong

Agent
I thought Jerry Bruckheimer didn't have the Don Simpson/Bruckheimer films logo anymore. What is going on there?
Probably just a sign of respect, as the original was made by both.

I'm sure if they made a Rock 2 it'd have the same thing.

(Wouldn't it be funny if Bay went through all the films he's made so far and made a sequel for each, excluding Pearl Harbor, though I'd love to see his version of D-Day:

Two guys see how fast they can race up the beach without getting shot in the head...

Anyway, I think it'd be funny if he did all those sequels. The end.)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Probably just a sign of respect, as the original was made by both.

I'm sure if they made a Rock 2 it'd have the same thing.
I think it has more to do with the fact that the entity that owned the films (and sequel rights) was Don Simpson & Jerry Bruckheimer Films, whereas after Don Simpson passed away most of the films developed/purchased were under Jerry Bruckheimer Films. It's probably a "legal thing".

Regards,
Dan

Robin Warren

Second Unit
The theater went nuts tonight over this trailer. I loved the camera work during the siege when it circles around and around the room in and out thru the doors.

Ruth_F

Stunt Coordinator
Saw it at LOTR2, loved the klan scene and when he couldn't remember the lyrics to the cops song it was too funny!

Jorossy

Stunt Coordinator
This looks like it will ROCK (no pun intended). Hopefully it won't BLOW (another pun not intended) like Pearl Harbor.
Now please allow me to give this movie the proper (or amusing) tag line:
LAWRENCE - SMITH
BAD BOYS II
A COLUMBIA PICTURES RELEASE
A JERRY BRUCKHEIMER PRODUCTION
A MICHAEL BAY FILM
DIRECTED BY JOHN WOO :D

Mark Lee

Second Unit
This trailer got the biggest buzz in the theater where I saw a midnite showing of TTT -- gotta admit, when Michael Bay sticks to what he does best, without overreaching for attempts at deep meaning, no one else can touch him!
And yes, that was Henry Rollins. (Sure is ironic how such an icon of '80s punk counterculture seems to keep getting those movie roles as cops....:))

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
henry rollins is great, and don't forget about Ice T aka Mr Body count (cop killer)

funny how they both play cops all the time....i think it is pretty funny....maybe they can mke a movie together as cops....

"it's the Niggras" martin lawrence is too funny....

this movie looks pretty good..

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I loved the camera work during the siege when it circles around and around the room in and out thru the doors.
I must admit, that's a GREAT looking shot, and I hope it holds up well in the final film.
While it all looks goofy, it looks MILES superior than Martin Lawrence's (a big fan of his, I am!) lousy looking January film, National Security with Steve Zahn. :frowning:
Jason

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
You know, it's funny, most kids today don't know who Henry Rollins is... they see him EVERYWHERE, like on VH1 and MTV, but don't know he was one of the most EXTREME in Black Flagg... hell, when I first saw him a few years back, it took me a few minutes to connect the two... I thought he was a pro wrestler or something

But on Bad Boys 2, I never saw the original, but that trailer inspired me to go rent the first... that'll be this weekend. It was a GREAT trailer, had me rolling. Like the scene with the tracking camera and Will and Martin talking... and them singing "Bad Boys" looks like they've got the great chemistry that made Men in Black (and was lacking from MIIB)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Count me as another who enjoyed the original. I kinda like the dynamic that Smith and Lawrence have, and it's kinda weird seeing Smith being the "straight man" in a comedy film.
"Na ba da na im ma no in-eh"
"Dude you have got to learn the words"
"We usually only do the chorus"

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks