What's new

BackYard Football Gamecube (1 Viewer)

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I don't get it. My brother got me this game for xmas and it totally blows. So i sell it on ebay, and make a killing. I'm making a killing just buying this game from walmart and selling it online, what's going on here people?

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
The Backyard series of games is intended for young kids. My son received the Football and Baseball games when he was about 6. He's now 10 and still plays them from time to time.
I credit these games for quickly teaching him the rules and statigies of these games for use in the REAL backyard. ;)
C

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Just be glad there's no Backyard Wrestling video game....yet(or is there?)
I can imagine it now. The front of the box will have a big "As seen on TV" logo on it. the back reads something like:"Sprain, hyperextend,and break you and your friend's bodies in this most assinine of "sports". Then after the match experience the thrill of a wrongful death lawsuit by going to court. Build up your defense team in hopes that the plantiff will drop the suit". :D

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Saw this in a store yesterday, and I thought "Gee, I've never even heard of this before, how did this sneak out?" Looked kind of amusing, but I guess the complete lack of advertising doesn't say much for its quality.

And yes, there is actually a Backyard Wrestling game in the works...

PerryD

Supporting Actor
My kids (both girls) loved Backyard Baseball on the PC. The youngest could play the T-Ball setting where you didn't need to judge the pitch, just hit right off the T-Ball. And as a previous poster mentioned, my kids learned the rules of the game (balls, strikes, fouls, etc) by playing this game at a young age.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
That's cool. I can imagine a regular sports title would be near impossible for a young kid. Good to see these games are good for their target audience.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
That's cool. I can imagine a regular sports title would be near impossible for a young kid.
Not at all. Kids today do things at a much younger age. My son was playing in a tackle football league at the age of 5. Him and his football buddies have been playing NFL Fever 2002 on the XBox for the past year. Would not even consider getting him some kiddie football game.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Man at 5 he's playing fever?!? I barely was able to play Pole Position for the Atari at 5. I can't even imagine knowing the intricacies of the Dime defense at 5 :D

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Man at 5 he's playing fever?
He had turned 6 by the time he started playing NFL Fever on his friend's XBox last year. Now at 7, he routinely beats me at all the XBox games we play on the XBox we got at Christmas. These young kids are quick learners. My son was beating me on the Playstation One (racing, action, fighting games) when he was five.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks