What's new

Backpacks (with iPod holder) (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I know I've seen these around somewhere. I'm in the market for a new backpack and would like to have one with an iPod holder in it.

I use a backpack for work (instead of a briefcase), so I don't need water bottle holders or any kind of "hiking" needs.

Any ideas?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
we just bought two backpacks for our boys. while i don't remember specific brands, i do know that a lot of them had the ipod holder. essentially a slot inside to put your ipod, then a little rubber hole for you to slide your earphone through. i thought it was a neat idea.

i bet if you just look around, you'll see them. i'm nearly positive we saw them at target and one of the sporting-goods stores.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking of that, but wasn't sure if I'd have better luck at a "Technology" store.

I checked Target's web site and they really don't mention an iPod holder, but I guess I'll have to see in person. EDIT: I did see the iPod Backpack, but I'm not sure exactly what makes it an iPod backpack???

Although, the Sonic Impact Boom Bag seems quite interesting :D

p.s. I did find it interesting how they put the 13" Multi-Function Diaper Bag/Cooler Backpack (emphasis on Diaper) under the "Back to College" section.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, i don't think any of them *exclusively* flagged the ipod feature. it's just something you'll see when you check them out.

i bet some place like rei or sports authority will have a good selection too.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Not a backpack but Burton snowboards made a jacket that had an ipod holder and sleeve controls. I'll try and find a pic, it was really cool. Hers an darticle on it. Apple.

Heres some backpacks. Backpacks.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
That Burton jacket doesnt look like its available anymore. Limited edition and it was $500 wow.

That blue tooth backpack is nice too. Might have to keep my eye out for that.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I just bought a laptop backpack from ebags for work that has an mp3 player pocket and hole to draw the cord through. It's by Victorinox (Swiss Army) and so far I'm happy with it. Comfortable, expandable and sort of conservative looking which is good for taking to work.

Ebags has quite a few packs with this feature. My son is on year 3 with a bag by Ogio. Thing is indestructable. It's really big, not conservative and also has the mp3 player pocket which I think is even waterproofed.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Ummm, aren't all bags capable of holding an iPod? Just get something with a small pocket and you're done...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
it's not that the backpack can't hold the ipod, it's more of the ability for the backpack to provide a small hole (usually near the top) that you can slide your headphone wire through.

that way, the ipod stays secure inside the backpack, and all you have pushing out is the wire.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Besides the headphone hole (as ted mentioned), it'd be nice if the pocket was designed for an iPod in mind. My current backpack has a small-ish pocket, but there's not padding so the iPod bounces around and hits the floor when I put the bag down.

I'll have to check Target out this weekend.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I have a backpack by "Kent" I believe, that has a headphone hole in it. Just noticed it the other day and thought "this would've been cool if I had this back in school".

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I bought a new backpack today from Wal-Mart that had the little pouch and headphone hole. It costs $15 and is branded "Performance Gear". It'd be a nice little low-cost solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks