Backorder or BS - Samsung`DLP

Discussion in 'Displays' started by David.N, Jan 13, 2004.

1. David.N

David.N Agent

A friend of mine ordered the Samsung HLN617W Tantus in mid-October. It still has not arrived. She has called the store where it was ordered, to check the status, and was told it was backordered. For 3 months...??? Anyone else been able to purchase or order this recently. She is about to tell them to cancel. thought I would check with you all....

Thanks
    Dave

2. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

I work at an eletronics store... its true. We have been trying to get these back in for a few months now..

Could be at least another month or so.. [​IMG]

3. Dave Dahl

Dave Dahl Stunt Coordinator

There is no way it could be backordered for so long. I work with Tweeter and have had a good supply of these all holiday season.

I would strongly urge your friend to find out what *exactly* is going on and take the appropriate steps. Did they order it from an internet site or a brick and morter store?

-Dave

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I have a friend who walked into an Ultimate Electronics and walked out with the 50" model with no problem.

5. Larry*McP

Larry*McP Auditioning

Only 61" has limited availability, not true for other sizes.

Two of my friends ordered one in November and December. They both got it in a month, I ordered one today and was told 3-4 weeks for delivery.