Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Backdraft 2 Blu-ray Review
Backdraft2-feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yikes indeed. Are you guys required to review these kind of films? Or is it voluntary?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This is one of those films where I enjoyed the original, and this sequel is SO SO BAD. I bought it in 4k BD assuming the fire effects if nothing else would be great, and the fire effects are TERRIBLE. Being in 4k they look so much worse. It is clear that they are done in post as is mentioned above, and I will almost guarantee they were done in post at 2k and then upscaled to 4k, and it feels as though the process to do that was as cheap as possible. You can see the film on Netflix right now.. and that is fine... and probably still not worth the cost of your time.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This is one of those films where I enjoyed the original, and this sequel is SO SO BAD. I bought it in 4k BD assuming the fire effects if nothing else would be great, and the fire effects are TERRIBLE. Being in 4k they look so much worse. It is clear that they are done in post as is mentioned above, and I will almost guarantee they were done in post at 2k and then upscaled to 4k, and it feels as though the process to do that was as cheap as possible. You can see the film on Netflix right now.. and that is fine... and probably still not worth the cost of your time.
Where did you purchase this on 4K Blu-ray? I don't see it having been released in that format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks