What's new

Back To You (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hmmmm...interesting. I was thinking just the opposite. Few laughs and I was flipping channels in the middle of the show.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I thought it was pretty funny and enjoyed the ep overall.

Let the writers have a chance to feel out the characters and this will become a top-notch "old school" sitcom.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I missed the pilot but saw the last 2 and have been entertained. Tonight was good, but I think I laughed more during the fish episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100 percent. Even the more stock sitcom characters like the weather whore and the geeky station manager were more enjoyable tonight: "Four and a half minutes? Who the hell yells it out every thirty seconds?":)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The best line of this past episode is when the news director says to the weather girl. "I don't know why I used the air quotes, we really did just play ping pong in the basement". or something like that. I enjoyed this show more than the previous episode.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
This one is going to take me awhile to warm up to. With the actors, writers, producers and the director involved I was hoping for more. So far it gets a ho hum from me.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
This is getting better with each episode. I like how they are giving plenty of air time to the supporting characters - I'm half inclined to think their story is more interesting than the main characters. Also good how they are actually making some use of the newsroom situation, rather than just using it as a peg on which to hang a humdrum on-off relationship comedy.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
the A Gentleman Always Leads episode was a little weak.
I didn't laugh much.

about the only thing I did laugh at was Marsh's sex role playing things he did, where he could be overheard, due to the thin walls

and I actually found that final scene of the whole news staff talking like the Mickey Mouse guy to be annoying

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I find it interesting that the episode started off with "taped in front of a live studio audience" message, or something like that.

I thought the rehearsal of firing the old intern was funny. That was about it for me.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I have to think that the whole 'high pitched interview' thing was inspired by the youtube of that Nordic [at least the language sounds Nordic to me] talk show host cracking up over the voice of his interviewee. Much funnier, even if faked.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
"I got the coffees..." as Bill Macy bungles past the camera after Kelsey says "...respect and dignity..."

it was my first episode ever, and i'm in! LOL.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It was great to see Bill Macy still kicking around. I knew I recognized him from somewhere, but it took most of the episode for me to figure out who he was. Loved how he took the tapes to the editing room..."don't be a hero." :laugh:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's still working for me. The episode was so low-key humor wise that the reason the intern was so popular actually caught me by surprise.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
Is "Glaucoma medicine" a US-only euphemism for some other drug? I've heard it used in several other shows before, but I still don't know what it means.

I thought this was another strong episode - I hope this show is doing well in the ratings.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm kind of ambivalent about the show - it's been supplanted by Pushing Daisies on my primary DVR. But I think the girl who plays Gracie is awesome (especially after having seen her in the Sarah Silverman Program) and hope she gets more screen time.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
An item at TVGuide.com reports that FOX is expected to give this show a full-season pick-up sometime this week or next.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This show was a shoe-in to get a full season. Fox spent a lot of money promoting this show, and they probably spent a lot of money on the "big name" stars. The same thing happened last year with "Til Death". They spent so much effort promoting it, that despite low ratings (it had a 3.9 last week), they kept it around.

All that being said. I am glad to hear it will be picked up for a full season. I like the show. The only down side is it is making me watch Til Death until the top of the next hour.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Why inflict that kind of suffering on yourself? I turn the TV off, get a snack, flip through a magazine or take a shit until "Bionic Woman" comes on at 9. Time much better spent.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks