What's new

"Back to You" is coming (1 Viewer)

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Saw over on TVSODVD that "Back to You" will be released on October 14, with three unaired episodes (yay!). Apparently Kelsey is also negotiating with Fox to try and bring the series back. I hope he succeeds. It's a funny show.

So glad to hear about the season 1 release.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I had very high hopes for this show prior to its debut last Fall, but I was left with mixed feelings after seeing a few episodes. Granted, it has its moments, but mostly fell flat for me. I had no idea the future of the series was up in the air though. I was under the impression that it was well received.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I enjoyed the first episodes, but couldn't get back into the show post-strike.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

Did anybody notice that the actress playing the daughter changed post-strike?

I thought the first actress' portrayal was *perfect*; the replacement therefore seemed a little jarring to me. The "new daughter" seemed to affect the chemistry of the show a little as well.

Perhaps there will be a supplement on the DVD which will explain what happened to the original (?)

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It's a shame this show got cancelled early. It had a lot of potential. My guess is that the expensive cast was part of the problem. Had the lead roles been played by lesser-known actors the show might still be on the air.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I would think by this point, it's probably too late. Fall shows are already in production and I'm sure the supporting cast (at least) have gone out to look for new jobs. If Kelsey were to succeed in getting a last-minute renewal, it would probably be for midseason and they might have a hard time assembling the full original cast again. Also, even if they could get the supporting players, I'm sure many of them would still be looking for different work, given Fox's track record with shows that it doesn't throw its full support behind.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I've updated that news to reflect that fact that Grammer's publicist says no, TSoD was wrong and the show is pretty much dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltby
Recent bookmarks